can you shoot more than one buck

LuckyPickle123

Touchy subject.  I know of some friends whose family members (who don't hunt) get licensed and the person who gets the additional deer tag it on their tag.  It's only 1 buck with the bow and one with the gun and as many DMP's (doe permits) you have gun or bow. 

Touchy subject. I know of some friends whose family members (who don't hunt) get licensed and the person who gets the additional deer tag it on their tag. It's only 1 buck with the bow and one with the gun and as many DMP's (doe permits) you have gun or bow.

Actually its one during bow/ml season and one during regular season. You can still use a bow during regular season if you wish. You get a third option with northern zone early bow.

Buck tags are not transferable even between spouses.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Actually its one during bow/ml season and one during regular season. You can still use a bow during regular season if you wish. You get a third option with northern zone early bow.

Buck tags are not transferable even between spouses.

that don't stop people from doing it unfortunately

Nope I know people who do... in all honesty... I kinda think it should be legal.

As I've said before NY wants a deer dead what does it matter if its me or my wife who shoots it do long as NY gets their tag money.

(My wife does not have a hunter safety course or tags, I hunt my tags and only my tags.)

I believe you can shoot a buck with a bow during archery season, and another with a bow during gun season. As long as you have the proper tags.

Or during late season. Or you can shoot one with regular and one in late. One with bow and one with late, if you don't use regular. With a super sportsman, no matter how you slice it you can kill 2 bucks in anyone of the separate 3 seasons. The bow is the only weapon you can use in all 3.

Edited by Belo

Or during late season. Or you can shoot one with regular and one in late. One with bow and one with late, if you don't use regular. With a super sportsman, no matter how you slice it you can kill 2 bucks in anyone of the separate 3 seasons. The bow is the only weapon you can use in all 3.

There's people that have legally shot 2 bucks this season already, all in the Southern Tier, legally.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

There's people that have legally shot 2 bucks this season already, all in the Southern Tier, legally.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I really hope you have the term "Southern Tier" confused with Westchester county... and not the counties that border northern PA like Steuben, Tioga, etc. There is a HUGE difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Tier

There is no way a hunter can legally have killed 2 bucks so far in the Southern Tier.

The only way a hunter in NY could have shot 2 bucks legally so far would be:

1 in the Northern zone on last year's tag 9/27-9/30/13 + 1 on this year's tag

OR

1 on the archery either sex tag in any WMU + 1 in Westchester or Suffolk County on the regular season tag.

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/hunting/deer-hunting-tag-descriptions/

Edited by sampotter
  • Like 2

Nope I know people who do... in all honesty... I kinda think it should be legal.

As I've said before NY wants a deer dead what does it matter if its me or my wife who shoots it do long as NY gets their tag money.

(My wife does not have a hunter safety course or tags, I hunt my tags and only my tags.)

yeah worse idea ever, winner

so now everyone should be allowed to kill 4 scrub bucks a year, uh NO

and killing bucks don't help reduce deer number, that would be shooting does,

if anything we should go to a 1 buck limit not 4

• Like 2

You can use your reg season buck tag in archery only wmus because its always bow season in them so yes you can technically

Not in all bow only areas, such as 4j, the regular season tag is not good until regular season opens. I don't know about the other bow only areas as I don't hunt them.

• Like 2

Not in all bow only areas, such as 4j, the regular season tag is not good until regular season opens. I don't know about the other bow only areas as I don't hunt them.

In 8C, you could shoot your bow buck, then shoot a doe and bring back the head to the Avon office and get an either sex tag good for 8C only, and which point you could shoot another buck or a doe. If you shot another doe, you got another tag, it was endless as they didn't have enough hunters in that unit since its pretty much super urban hunting. If you shot the buck on the either sex issued tag, then you were not issued another tag. It allowed 8C hunters to shoot 3 bucks in one year, plus hypothetically a fourth if you had last year's tag to use up north in those early days.

I believe it has changed now so the either sex tag component is gone and only antlerless are issued now as of this year.

Edited by phade