URGENT!!!!!! I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE. BUCK Stuck with ARROW!

cd32505n

The east end of Long Island is infested with deer and ticks, and Lyme. Not to mention car damage. They say there is more deer on Long Island, than in certain parts of NYS. No one wants them, they are basically tame. They eat off your front lawn as your driving in your driveway.

Seeing an arrow in a deer would not surprise me this time of year. So I'm sure the story is true. My friend in Port Jeff wants me to eradicate his deer problem, but there are other houses within 500', so I'd never consider it. In fact, they are trying to change the 500' law to 250', but even 250' will not help when houses are 100' apart.

As far as that injured deer, the OP should be happy if the deer is "removed." They are a nuisance in Port Jeff, and many other eastern areas of LI.

The 500' rule does not apply if you have consent. Archery only obviously for safety

From the regulations.

Discharge of Firearms and Bows

For information on where various legal implements may be used in the state, see Rifle, Shotgun, and Bow Areas.

It is illegal to discharge a firearm or bow:

• so that the load or arrow passes over any part of a public highway,
  • within 500 feet of any school, playground, or an occupied factory or church,
  • within 500 feet of a dwelling, farm building or structure in occupation or use unless you own it, lease it, are an immediate member of the family, an employee, or have the owner's consent.
  • You may hunt waterfowl, over water, within 500 feet of a dwelling or public structure as long as neither are within 500 feet in the direction you are shooting.

So if you get the consent of all the neighbors he could hypothetically hunt it?  I would confirm that with dec first.

Question: How far from a building do I have to be to discharge my firearm?

Answer: You cannot discharge a firearm or bow within 500 feet of any school, playground, occupied factory or church. You cannot discharge a firearm or bow within 500 feet of a dwelling, farm building, or structure unless you own it, lease it, are an immediate member of the family, an employee, or have the owner's consent. This does not apply to the discharge of a shotgun over water when hunting migratory game birds and no dwelling, public structure, livestock, or person is in the line of fire.

99.9 percent of the population will NOT let you hunt archery on their land, or within 500' of their property.    Did you see the deer with the arrow in his neck on the news last night? People dislike archery hunting due to the media.  They say it's a slow painful death to the animal.

+1 Belo.

there is no way an arrow has more KE than a bullet. I would love to know what you are basing that on Droptine?

The two projectiles perform in two totally differnt manners. ans arrow is designed for penetration and a bullet is designed to shed it's energy on or slightly after impact.

At my Bowhunter saftey coures many years ago the demonstrated this using a 5 gallon pail of sand. The arrow at 10 yards penetrated the opposite side and the 30-06 bullet never made it out.

I've read before that an arrow has more kinetic energy at 30 yds then a bullet.....and I am a firm believer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is definitely not true, unless the arrow is shot from a gun.

Maybe at 100+ yards, a .22 short may have less KE than an arrow, but like Culver said, its not about the KE that kills.

Belo, if you had a choice of getting shot by a .22 or a blunt tip arrow at 30 yards, which would you pick?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

"Maybe at 100+ yards, a .22 short may have less KE than an arrow, but like Culver said, its not about the KE that kills."

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Richie loved to use 22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a 45, see, a 45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a 22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.

Gotta love "My Blue Heaven"

"Maybe at 100+ yards, a .22 short may have less KE than an arrow, but like Culver said, its not about the KE that kills."

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Richie loved to use 22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a 45, see, a 45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a 22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.

Gotta love "My Blue Heaven"

I'd give $10 to the first person who can prove that they can hit a deer head with a .22 short at 100+ yards on their first try. Doesn't even have to penetrate, which I'm fairly certain it won't.

I'd give $10 to the first person who can prove that they can hit a deer head with a .22 short at 100+ yards on their first try. Doesn't even have to penetrate, which I'm fairly certain it won't.

I would give 10 to find a brick of 22 short about now. lol

• Like 1