ADK Birthday Buck! My 3rd Hamilton county buck!

NFA-ADK

THANKS guys I am still amazed how this happened!  This is the deer that after 13 years of Hunting started my quest in Moose River Plains.  (My first)  After hearing "Anyone can get lucky once." so many times after my first buck, I was on a mission to get 3 to prove to myself it can be done in some of the hardest most remote wilderness I could find while still hunting, Moose River Plains fit the profile perfect.   

2000 NFA  (L-R) Shawn McGauley Jeff Calderone, Chris Flathmann, Greg Fives (The 4 Original NFA members.) 

post-1186-0-08114300-1345832322_thumb.jp

The trials and tribulation before getting this second deer were numerous with many rookie mistakes make along the way but I thank the Lord I was able to correct most of those mistakes before catching up to this brute.  He was worth the wait and pain of my errors and learning that is for sure.

2010 NFA  (L-R) Anthony Beck, Mike MacDonald, Jason Bennett, Jeff Calderone, Shawn McGauly

post-2598-131455479006_thumb.jpg
post-2598-131455461322_thumb.jpg

This Buck was the crowning moment of my ADK hunting to this point.  Such an amazing trip!  So happy I still have my bow tag to play around with the LI deer!  Who knows this might be the year I actually shoot at one with the bow!  Just wish these stupid Dells would stop breaking down, it is getting monotonous with the hard drives going bad ever week or so...  It's cutting into my bow time so I am just venting a little with the though that this would have been my first full day alone in the Adirondack Deer Camp had lady luck not shined on my birthday.  (I am going to cherish my bed tonight!)  Thanks Chris Flathmann, this was a gift from Heaven that I will cherish forever! 
post-1186-0-67408600-1383971454_thumb.jp

Nice work ADK, surprised ya buddy was willing to leave so soon.

I wanted to stay at least one more day due to exhaustion but he was just not into it and was missing his family.  As much as I wanted to stay a few more days and enjoy the bliss, I did not want to take down the camp by myself again. 

I tried convincing him to let me film him and the fact that IF I could help him get his first buck, that would be even better than me getting my 3rd and would put the icing on the cake!  Even after explaining that the Brute of the moutian was probably still in the area, he still did not want to stay, something I have a hard time understanding but in my sheer bliss and exhaustion I was very agreeable with anything he wanted to do.