Worst year That I can remember

noodle one

Every year I get to hunt is a good season to me. I did not see many deer. A lot of does but I did see a few very nice bucks, just couldn't connect. Rifle season was the norm for me, saw a nice buck way off in the distance but it was trotting and didn't shoot. Only deer I saw gun season. I had a blast putting in my food plots and watching the deer use them so I had a good season. Just have to buy more beef cuz the freezer is empty and unplugged,  :fie:

Well,I hunted more than most years, but passed a lot in bow .Saw many mature bucks but at a distance. One doe in bow that I gave away.

Gun hunted my behind off.one in the freezer ,sure passed a lot early then things slowed.

3 mature bucks killed near me ,all of which i had on cam by my stands. By mature I mean 24 inch 8 pt, 12 pt with double split brows 12 inch g2s,High 8pt. All I had on cam. So,that was a disappointment in a way. Still a few slammers Around for ML.

So I got out a lot ,meat in freezer, hunted with buddys that's really what it's about for me.

• Like 1

Well,I hunted more than most years, but passed a lot in bow .Saw many mature bucks but at a distance. One doe in bow that I gave away.

Gun hunted my behind off.one in the freezer ,sure passed a lot early then things slowed.

3 mature bucks killed near me ,all of which i had on cam by my stands. By mature I mean 24 inch 8 pt, 12 pt with double split brows 12 inch g2s,High 8pt. All I had on cam. So,that was a disappointment in a way. Still a few slammers Around for ML.

So I got out a lot ,meat in freezer, hunted with buddys that's really what it's about for me.

I hunt down in Souther Dutchess County and  it was not a good gun season at all for me. Rutting activity where I hunt seemed to be around 11/1- 11/15, Had many bucks on camera and took a 9ptr with the bow as he was coming in on a doe grunting the whole way, then once gun season started all the deer dissappeared.  No pics on the trail cam and saw deer only 2 out of 12 sits.

wasnt a bad year for myself, almost tagged out now. have a antlerless only tag left. the mast this year was unbeliveable, beechnuts,hickory,acorn,chestnut,walnuts, and apples and pears galore. the deer never had to move at all to get food and literally bedded under apple trees in brush. the foot of snow made them move to the standing corn for a few days, its gone and deer are again living and sleeping next to food everywhere.... a walk revield where a doe n fawn never left a 50 yard area for 3 days (beds and droppings everywhere there) never would of moved if i didnt kick them out of their beds i think. the traditional stand sites werent productive as food and cover is plentiful where i hunt. i much prefer a poor mast year for hunting as all the deer will go to limited food sources. and thus movement is greatly increased. the deer are here as there were hundredes in the fields last spring. they just didnt have to travel or search for food.

Doewhacker i did shoot them in different states and im going to shoot some more in ct if i see something worth shooting. Im not into shooting dinks and if i see a nice buck he is getting dropped. I dont make the rules i just follow them. I will most likely shoot 4 or 5 doe and one or two bucks before the season ends cuz i tend to have more time and hunt a lot more later in the season.

By having a bunch of properties to hunt i can take a doe from each area and wait for a good buck. Thats what i am going to do. Amd i may even get another buck tag and be able to take 3.