Rub

Yotehntr

I found this rub Sunday while walking around.  Its only 20 yards from where I shot my 10pt this year and I know it wasn't there before he died.  I am thinking this is the bigger 10 that is roaming around up there someplace.  He has it rubbed all the way around the entire tree.post-1885-0-20882400-1386625853_thumb.jp

I found this rub Sunday while walking around.  Its only 20 yards from where I shot my 10pt this year and I know it wasn't there before he died.  I am thinking this is the bigger 10 that is roaming around up there someplace.  He has it rubbed all the way around the entire tree.attachicon.gifRub on Tree.

That's a big 10.

Don't remember your 10 you shot. Any pics?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Why do bucks rub trees?

That's a decent question and I hear different answers every so many years. Bucks have scent glands that deposit their scent on these rubs so a logical answer may be that they are scent-marking their territory. I have also read that they are visual sign posts. Again a territorial kind of marking. Then there are some who claim that some early rubs are attempts at removing the velvet (and I have heard that contradicted by some biologists too). I think everybody knows what they are, but can't always agree on why they do it. The truth probably is one of those "all of the above" kinds of answers.

land.. He is in my avatar but here is another picture of him from opening morning of the south.  I think its from the Big 10 I missed last weekend of bow.. Buck Fever... But a clean miss and good news is the season is over and no one claimed to have gotten him or another we called the freak so they will only be bigger next year!! We never were able to catch the Big 10 on camera but I have also included a picture of the Freak post-1885-0-85088900-1387229470_thumb.jppost-1885-0-46105200-1387229680_thumb.jp

• Like 1