3,000 deer on LI in federal sharpshooters' sights this winter

the blur

Making any sort of statement here is like swatting a hornets nets.  And then the clowns come a buzzin. LOL 

I love how some of you think that I've never stepped foot on LI.  I've posted these videos before a couple years back.  This was a gentle stroll on Fire Island with my wife and brother on a couple of weekend mornings about 10 years ago now.  I brought along a tripod and my video camera because I knew I'd easily find and see deer.  Here are the results.  Now go ahead and tell me this is a natural environment for deer?  I could have practically grabbed a number of these bucks by their antlers. They had absolutely NO fear of man.  Just go ahead and try to find a scene like this as easily and quickly in a REAL natural deer environment elsewhere.  In many places on LI it's like a petting zoo.  You boys really need to stop with your accusations and nonsense because some of us may understand the situation better than you.  You guys simply try to justify things in the way you WISH things were on LI.  

can you even hunt fire island?

don't think so but I could be wrong. but I know i didn't see deer like that out in Otis or rocky

• Like 1

I hear it's so easy there you can hit them with a hammer and kill a dozen unless of course you suck at hunting.

Funny how you like to take sarcasm and make it fact.  LMAO 

You are unreal, but hey go and look through more of my post to find some dirt.  LOL

You need a hobby. 

Can you say troll?  LOL

Lets just come to the conclusion that we will agree to disagree.  Anyone with any knowledge of LI knows that DoeWhacker and Steve863 have no clue about the people or deer on LI or what type of habitat is good for deer.  This post proves that. 

Your rants about LI deer are very informative.  So urban environments are bad for deer, OK.  Then ask yourself this question, why do they thrive in these areas to the point that they need to be culled.  Could it be they have great food, habitat and cover.  No LI does not have that right?  LOL  Please explain in detail why LI is so bad for large mammals, O wait that's right it is an urban environment so that must make it bad?  LOL

Go dig up some more posts on me because your rant about how bad LI is for deer is falling on deaf ears. 

Funny at one point I though you two where just doing this out of spite.  But I see this is just how you two are.  I also find it funny that when I make valid points you just brush it off as nonsense then try to belittle me by posting something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. 

Your ignorance is bliss...