Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

That is why my parents pick up and got us out of there as soon as they could.  This was during the 80's when the main influx was Asians.  This was before they were preaching public awareness and acceptance.  Now the major influx are Mexicans and they're now receiving the brunt of public's disdain.  But things are much better now because schools are geared more towards teaching an open-mind and the media is being censored more.

Me, personally, I think there is too much awareness for it to ever go back to the way it was before.  Some people do fear that it will go back to the way it was before.  Have they gone over board, maybe.  I think the real focus is teaching our youths the difference between the good and the bad instead of completely shielding them from the bad which is what the media is doing.

• Like 1

Maybe Phil Robinson made some comments that the Gay community got up set about. But you have upset the white male population which is a much greater population. Maybe you should proof read your comments before you insult any more people. My comments were directly related to exactly what you wrote.  Maybe this site should suspend you for a while.

Suspend me for exercising my 1st Amendment like the way A&E suspended Phil Robinson?

I prefer to look at people in life as all the same. We are all Homo sapiens, the human genome project proved there is no "race" is not a valid construct, it's something man created and artificially use to divide the people. I don't think we should treat anyone differently. If any sub-strata of people get assistance or help that isn't offered to everyone at the same availability, that's wrong and will divide the people even more. Race is societally driven, it tears people apart and I hate it.

• Like 1

I know you didn't mean it to sound that way but it does come off a little bigoted. Just saying. Although no one will ever admit to it, whites can be the victims of racism.
I had a college professor tell me that Caucasians will never be on the receiving end of racism and I from that point on converted her illuminati babble into white noise. Edited by Cusehunter

How do you figure? Regardless of whether you agree with someones opinion or not, a man should be able to speak his opinion (especially on his own time) without getting suspended from his job. Its called freedom of speech( 1st Amendment)!

Wrong. How do you think it would go for a company you own if your HR manager was a member of the KKK on his own time?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just incase you needed to see the text. It is a protection from the Govt. and has been loosely applied to other aspects of life but the 1st amendment has NOTHING to do with this.

How do you figure? Regardless of whether you agree with someones opinion or not, a man should be able to speak his opinion (especially on his own time) without getting suspended from his job. Its called freedom of speech( 1st Amendment)!

People are free to say whatever they want. And employers are free to respond the way they choose. Inside or outside a work environment.

• Like 1

Of the Fortune 500 companies, there are 6 blacks, 8 Asians, and 8 Latinos CEOs.  That combines to 4.4%.  But wait!  Aren't Asian suppose to be so smart and hard working?

the term minority means there are less of you. by definition. If there were more minorities as CEOs then non... the majority would complain. There is no win.

fwiw, don't look at just CEOs. You have to look at the VPs, white collar, all those jobs. And the population with the shear number of white college grads is white. That's just a fact. You can't just "get a job" because you're a minority. That's what pisses people off.

Wrong. How do you think it would go for a company you own if your HR manager was a member of the KKK on his own time?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just incase you needed to see the text. It is a protection from the Govt. and has been loosely applied to other aspects of life but the 1st amendment has NOTHING to do with this.

This has nothing to do with the KKK or Racism. The guy is a bible thumper from the south and the bible clearly states that Homosexuality is a sin. He should lose his job for saying this? I guess any company that has God fearing people working for them should fire them now! Its not like he said he hates black people, he just said what he believes in the bible. Making a jump from that to the KKK is insane!

I had a college professor tell me that Caucasians will never be on the receiving end of racism and I from that point on converted her illuminati babble into white noise.

My alma mater (University of Michigan) was the first school to have reverse discrimination filed against them.  4 white students file a suit against UofM saying they were not accepted because they were white and won.  I had to score so much higher than a lot of others as well because the school has a mandate to allow X number of in-state in before they allow out of state students.

the term minority means there are less of you. by definition. If there were more minorities as CEOs then non... the majority would complain. There is no win.

fwiw, don't look at just CEOs. You have to look at the VPs, white collar, all those jobs. And the population with the shear number of white college grads is white. That's just a fact. You can't just "get a job" because you're a minority. That's what pisses people off.

So Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians combined only make up 4.4% of the population with degrees?  Racism is wrong but when you shy too far away from it you get reverse racism which is also wrong.  I think right now we have yet to find the right balance.

• Like 1

Hate to say it Elmo but it sounds like it was your bad judgment in picking the places you lived. I am not one to mix words. If you stayed in a spot where all that went on it in on your head. There is evil in every walk of life but you child's safety is no ones responsibility but your own. I don't see that in the suburbs around me.  

that's a horrible attitude. Not everyone can afford to live in Rush, NY. Saying, if you don't like it then move is exactly what they tell us when our candidate isn't elected or a law is passed we don't like.

This thread is great.  It looks like everyone agrees he shouldn't have been suspended for expressing his beliefs yet there is 6 pages of bickering back and forth about ridiculous stuff.  How many days until hunting season?  

I haven't wrapped in the fray but in NO WAY do I think he should have been suspended for voicing his opinion.   I agree though that the show is ridiculous stuff...

Culver.  How does it feel when everyday, your son walks to school and is ridiculed and mocked along the way?  How does it feel when you send your kid to school but you don't know if he'll live or die because at least 2 or 3 times a year he's going to get jumped by 5 or 6 bigger dudes because he's Asian so he must know martial arts so sending one guy isn't enough.  Then one day he comes home with a 3 in cut down to the skull on his forehead due to a brick to the head because he actually fought back?  And when you turn to you neighbors for help, they said they don't care because they don't want your kind around here anyway?  So you move to the ghetto because a shoot out might happen in the ghetto but a beat down will happen in several times in the middle class suburbs.

But I moved to a neighborhood that was a mixture of Hispanic and Irish-American and one of my best friends growing up was Irish-American and all the teachers that helped me and stood up for me were all white so I knew good and evil existed in all races.

Sorry, to say but you sound like a emotionaly disturbed person.

This has nothing to do with the KKK or Racism. The guy is a bible thumper from the south and the bible clearly states that Homosexuality is a sin. He should lose his job for saying this? I guess any company that has God fearing people working for them should fire them now! Its not like he said he hates black people, he just said what he believes in the bible. Making a jump from that to the KKK is insane!

It was an analogy. if Phil was the HR manager and it could have had the same perception with the Gays are sinners comments. Truth is we have no idea what their contract include. He got the raw end of the deal for sure. (so far). He shouldn't have lost his job. Bu this is NOT a first amendment issue as some suggest.

he was not sentenced to jail. That would have been an attack. He has a contract that he makes millions off of. He is allowed and did say what he wanted. He was fired for it. Just like you and I would be if we made the same comments at work.

I don't agree with him firing, but to claim this is trampling his rights is hilarious. If a sponsor drops you as an athlete because you were outspoken on a subject that's a risk you have to take. it's not an infringement on his rights. The law does not require A&E to employee the Robertson family.

• Like 3

that's a horrible attitude. Not everyone can afford to live in Rush, NY. Saying, if you don't like it then move is exactly what they tell us when our candidate isn't elected or a law is passed we don't like.

More horrible than having your kid abused daily and beat in he head? I am going to go on a limb and say very few people are truly stuck where they are. I know it won't win me any popularity contest but it is the truth. The truth also is that most are just unwilling to do what is necessary and make the required sacrifices to make changes happen. So much easier to sit an bitch about how bad they have it. Sounds like Elmo's parents did what was necessary to get them out of the area. I would have to as well because my other option would probably not end well for the ones screwing with my kid.

• Like 1

he was not sentenced to jail. That would have been an attack. He has a contract that he makes millions off of. He is allowed and did say what he wanted. He was fired for it. Just like you and I would be if we made the same comments at work.

I don't agree with him firing, but to claim this is trampling his rights is hilarious. If a sponsor drops you as an athlete because you were outspoken on a subject that's a risk you have to take. it's not an infringement on his rights. The law does not require A&E to employee the Robertson family.

He didn't make these comments at work. In fact, seeing as how he is a preacher, I'd bet money that he says this stuff to his followers all the time. Does that mean he should be fired for it? Being fired for stating your beliefs, in my book, is a freedom of speech issue.

Edited by Arrow Flinger