Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

I respect his moral integrity. It takes some backbone to speak against such a powerful "group"/movement if you call it that. It seems if you speak anything negatively against homosexuality then you are in the wrong.

I can't knock a man for sticking to his views on life.

I'll keep my personal views out of the matter as to what's right or wrong for the sake of saving my thumbs from typing a 10,000 word essay. Only one question that comes to mind... So who determined that speaking against homosexuality is any different then promoting it? It's all relative on your perspective and views, as I know some religious people who are just as offended when they hear of supporting the LGBT community.

• Like 14

I respect his moral integrity. It takes some backbone to speak against such a powerful "group"/movement if you call it that. It seems if you speak anything negatively against homosexuality then you are in the wrong. I can't knock a man for sticking to his views on life. I'll keep my personal views out of the matter as to what's right or wrong for the sake of saving my thumbs from typing a 10,000 word essay. Only one question that comes to mind... So who determined that speaking against homosexuality is any different then promoting it? It's all relative on your perspective and views, as I know some religious people who are just as offended when they hear of supporting the LGBT community.

Ditto

• Like 1

I've tried watching it and made it about 6 minutes before changing the channel. I just don't get the show.

I'm not about to boycott  A&E over one persons opinion however.  Now I see that he will be suspended?  I suppose if he went on a rant saying how great homosexuality is then all would be well with the worldly, "anything goes world". He'd be a hero. 

Edited by genesee_mohican

at the end of the day, I doubt that show would go on if he wasn't able to film, as I think that family is close enough to stick together.

If you ask me, A&E is just saving their own ass by slapping Phil on the wrist so they don't lose the LGBT viewers which is $$$ in their pocket. Besides duck dynasty doesn't A&E air those lifetime movies all day? That's gotta be dominated by the ones that would be offended by Phil's comment.

I'll watch DD but nothing else. I may not agree with what he said but I'll defend his right to say it. You don't want straight (no pun intended)talk, then don't interview Phil Robertson. An MBA, self made success. Everyone can kiss his azz as far as he's concerned. And shame on A&E for putting him in detention, they have no balls. But Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is okay family entertainment

• Like 3

I am gonna calls it as I sees it...... being a white male in this country is the toughest thing now a days...If I speak out against anyone other than my  race and gender I am called a racist or a chauvinist pig or both. Sorry but gay guys creep me out.  putting something in where stuff is made to come out is messed up. The bible says it is  wrong, and is a sin also. These times are a changing for sure. Starting in the 80's it was cool to act like a rapper, that was black, now look at that persona. gangsta rappers talking about shooting, killing, drugs,slapping bitches and hoes. The big switch is now onto being gay. Its cool too now. This country has gone from being  hard working ,god fearing, to lazy , what can I get for free, and do you have your life partner/ same sex husband or wife. Sorry but this whole country needs to straighten out literaly. Also , stop acting like those good for nothing rappers with your pants falling down and backwards hats. Have some damn respect for yourself and your family.

• Like 4