Yote Bounty!!

Four Season Whitetail's

The PGC is authorized to pay up to $25 per coyote, however it is not set in stone. They haven't implemented any procedure. They're concerned about coyotes taken in other states brought to PA for the bounty. Also, there are some that are concerned that domestic dogs and cats will be killed.

There's a Commissioner meeting in January. I'm not certain if any discussion about the bounty is on the agenda. I'll check with my associates in the UBP and get back when I see if it will be brought up.

The PGC is authorized to pay up to $25 per coyote, however it is not set in stone. They haven't implemented any procedure. They're concerned about coyotes taken in other states brought to PA for the bounty. Also, there are some that are concerned that domestic dogs and cats will be killed.

There's a Commissioner meeting in January. I'm not certain if any discussion about the bounty is on the agenda. I'll check with my associates in the UBP and get back when I see if it will be brought up.

Wow...Never thought of that...Domestic dogs and cats?  that could shorten the supply for some eateries!  OhOH..Did i just get myself thrown off this site with that statement?

Really though..I guess it could happen!  Sad!!!!

Did you ever notice there's always a pet store or animal clinic near those Chinese Buffets?

There was tiwt on talk radio last week worried about her cat. I hunt Yotes and know a lot of Yote huters. They are very dedicated and educated in coyotes and certainly know the difference between a 8 pound cat and a 45 pound plus Coyotes. 

Good point though about bringing them in from other states.  My nephew lives in NW PA and he and his buddies are BIG TIME into yote hunting.  They have trained dogs, use radios etc.  They'll take trips to somewhere in WNY hunting yotes. Last trip I think they got 50 or 60.  What would stop them from turning them in.

PA may be able to establish a bounty, but it will never happen here in NYS per section11-0531 of the Environmental Conservation law of New York. All bounties were prohibited by law after July 1,1971. The only potential exceptions are when the Department of Health or local health authorities determine that a given type or class of animals constitute a health hazard as carriers or potential carriers of disease.

Bounties were once common in many states. When I was growing up there was a $5 bounty on foxes in NY..At the same time PA had bounties on foxes AND great horned owls. Many states had bounties on predators INCLUDING eagles..A friend of mine used to shoot bald eagles in Alaska for $50 per bird.

Eventually nearly all ( if not all) states gave up paying bounties as a waste of taxpayers money.. The NY fox bounty was ended in the early 70s..

Bounties were once common in many states. When I was growing up there was a $5 bounty on foxes in NY..At the same time PA had bounties on foxes AND great horned owls. Many states had bounties on predators INCLUDING eagles..A friend of mine used to shoot bald eagles in Alaska for $50 per bird.

Eventually nearly all ( if not all) states gave up paying bounties as a waste of taxpayers money.. The NY fox bounty was ended in the early 70s..

Not sure how old your friend is, but its been illegal to kill Bald Eagles in Alaska since the early 50s (and everywhere else since 1940).

Not sure how old your friend is, but its been illegal to kill Bald Eagles in Alaska since the early 50s (and everywhere else since 1940).

He's older than I am...Not sure how MUCH older..I'm 63...He spent most of his life as a commercial fisherman and refers to eagles as "white headed buzzards"...

Alaska removed the bounty from eagles in 1953, but as far as I have read it was not illegal to kill them until Alaska achieved statehood in 1959..

Prior to protection in the lower 48 in 1940, some western states bountied them. Elmer Keith , who considered high velocity, small caliber rifles inadequte for medium and big game ,lived in Montana and once made the statement that the .270 Win was a "good eagle rifle"...

I thought the Bald Eagle Protection Act was extended to Alaska in 1952 or 1953, but I could wrong.  Either way, I still get a thrill if I see one, and I'm glad they can't be hunted.  I guess maybe I would feel different if they were common and impacted my livelihood (ie. an Alaskan fisherman).

• Like 1

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

Biz-R-OWorld, on 20 Dec 2013 - 6:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Oh boy. It's gone racial. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Not surprised at all with this site.

OK let me start with ...I'm not a politically correct person...I say what I mean and usually try to be civil in doing so..

The above in Quote has tweaked me..so hitch up your little nickers...blow your noses and wipe your little eyes...then get the frick over it!!

guess what not all...

Irish are drunks

natives drunk and stupid heathins

polish need more than one to screw in a light bulb

blondes dumb or beautiful

independent woman lesbians

men with high voices  gay

hunters blood thirsty

southern hunters redneck and toothless

Jews stingy or rich

Vietnamese dog eaters

Sheep farmers ewe rammers

French dirty

English snobs or homely

Jamaicans pot heads

Mexicans lazy

Black on welfare or in gangs

The list goes on and on  and on it's not race hating its stereo typing ...is it out of taste yes...but I have at least 3 of those ethnics and one gender in me and I don't cry every time I hear a stereo typical joke or comment made..... nor...do I pull out the over used racial...or what ever other whine card is used today...So please ..especially you Shawnhu..who "likedf" the "chocolate city" remark made in another post dare cry race around me.

Not every tasteless remark made is done by a race hater or even close to being hate motivated...they are human brain farts made at one time or another by EVERYONE...move on and put away the whine cards! So hate me for being honest who the hell cares....

OK let me start with ...I'm not a politically correct person...I say what I mean and usually try to be civil in doing so..

The above in Quote has tweaked me..so hitch up your little nickers...blow your noses and wipe your little eyes...then get the frick over it!!

guess what not all...

Irish are drunks

natives drunk and stupid heathins

polish need more than one to screw in a light bulb

blondes dumb or beautiful

independent woman lesbians

men with high voices gay

hunters blood thirsty

southern hunters redneck and toothless

Jews stingy or rich

Vietnamese dog eaters

Sheep farmers ewe rammers

French dirty

English snobs or homely

Jamaicans pot heads

Mexicans lazy

Black on welfare or in gangs

The list goes on and on and on it's not race hating its stereo typing ...is it out of taste yes...but I have at least 3 of those ethnics and one gender in me and I don't cry every time I hear a stereo typical joke or comment made..... nor...do I pull out the over used racial...or what ever other whine card is used today...So please ..especially you Shawnhu..who "likedf" the "chocolate city" remark made in another post dare cry race around me.

Not every tasteless remark made is done by a race hater or even close to being hate motivated...they are human brain farts made at one time or another by EVERYONE...move on and put away the whine cards! So hate me for being honest who the hell cares....

Don't know what your problem is, but I'm guessing its overflow from the other racist threads you were involved in. That's ok.

So it's obvious you think everyone at one point or another has a brain fart and makes an insulting comment on the Internet for many to see. I'm sorry to inform you that this attitude is not easily accepted by me, so I suppose you'll have to deal with it.

I must say, that's a pretty amazing list you've made for yourself. I find it hard to try to remember any single one of those "stereotypes", but I suppose that's the difference between us.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

The difference between us is your a hypocrite and I'm not.....you were the only person that  Liked. the chocolate city comment...and I'm sure if I thought you were worth the search...I'd find you laughing at any number and range of off colored jokes ....as long as they didnt land in your back yard ...if you think as you do why bother logging on...

Once again any comments I made and most others made in the China city thread were made on political bases not racial...but you just have a need to be down trodden when you don't agree with others opinions...where was your righteous indignation with the chocolate city comment..or some of the Mexican comments blonde jokes..how many Polish...Irish jokes have you laughed at...do you see ppl of those ethnic back grounds pulling out the race card?....get over your self...ppl stereotype and say thoughtless things everyday....want to pull the race card?....do so on something really important...not over a stereotype comment....... for as the list shows , no one ....no matter  race..sex..age...appearance..or profession are immune  to stereotyping.

I thought the Bald Eagle Protection Act was extended to Alaska in 1952 or 1953, but I could wrong.  Either way, I still get a thrill if I see one, and I'm glad they can't be hunted.  I guess maybe I would feel different if they were common and impacted my livelihood (ie. an Alaskan fisherman).

I'm certainly not endorsing the shooting of eagles...I see them on nearly a daily basis here in the Chemung/Canisteo drainage and it's still a treat to see one.

Fortunately, attitudes toward all predatory birds has changed for the better over the years..When I was a kid, most of the people I knew shot "chicken hawks" although it was illegal . I admire all birds of prey, from the redtails and rough legged hawks I see hunting the fields, to the sharp shins and Cooper's hawks that occasionally hunt my bird feeders..Hey..They gotta eat too.

• Like 1

The difference between us is your a hypocrite and I'm not.....you were the only person that Liked. the chocolate city comment...and I'm sure if I thought you were worth the search...I'd find you laughing at any number and range of off colored jokes ....as long as they didnt land in your back yard ...if you think as you do why bother logging on...

Once again any comments I made and most others made in the China city thread were made on political bases not racial...but you just have a need to be down trodden when you don't agree with others opinions...where was your righteous indignation with the chocolate city comment..or some of the Mexican comments blonde jokes..how many Polish...Irish jokes have you laughed at...do you see ppl of those ethnic back grounds pulling out the race card?....get over your self...ppl stereotype and say thoughtless things everyday....want to pull the race card?....do so on something really important...not over a stereotype comment....... for as the list shows , no one ....no matter race..sex..age...appearance..or profession are immune to stereotyping.

Why take it so personal? Struck a nerve perhaps?

I'm certainly not endorsing the shooting of eagles...I see them on nearly a daily basis here in the Chemung/Canisteo drainage and it's still a treat to see one.

Fortunately, attitudes toward all predatory birds has changed for the better over the years..When I was a kid, most of the people I knew shot "chicken hawks" although it was illegal . I admire all birds of prey, from the redtails and rough legged hawks I see hunting the fields, to the sharp shins and Cooper's hawks that occasionally hunt my bird feeders..Hey..They gotta eat too.

Why is it ok for birds of prey to eat but not coyotes?

Not to happy with the amounts of "birds of prey," that have been around lately.

Love seeing them do what they do, but there seems to be an awful lot of them. Small game has diminished to a good extent. I most certainly would not shoot em, but if they have to be controlled, who would do it?

Damn Coopers Hawk tried to impale me walking to the food plot. Guess it had little ones up there..lol 

• Like 1