antler restrictions

raymerlo

You know sometimes self-restraint is a good thing simply because it is my own idea. I used to get funny about free overtime at work. When it was my idea just to get the job done, I was all for it. When it became mandated, my attitude switched around completely. Then it felt like someone stealing from me .... lol. There sure is a lot of that that comes out in me when it comes to AR. When I voluntarily do it, I'm all for it. When somebody tells me it will be mandatory, all of a sudden it doesn't sound so good anymore.

Jjb4900, was their leaving out of spite/disgust with the rule? Or was it due to thinking that there was just too small a chance at obtaining meat (assuming no doe tags, like where I hunt).

I am against AR, especially where I hunt, but can't see myself not hunting there because of it. Admittedly, It does help that I can obtain meat on long island with the bow, before rifle season.

2 live in Florida, non resident dmps are pretty much impossible where we hunt..........according to them the AR's were the deciding factor in them not coming this year.