Gardeners

growalot

Same reason food plot seed has gone up. Even Welters has some price increases.

My vegetable garden has shrunk is successive years due to a lack of time to invest into them, but I always make sure I have a few tomato plants, some carrots, potatoes, peas, and beans in the ground. My strawberry patch has dwindled down to darn near nothing, and I may shut it down altogether this season. As the dog days of summer hit, I seem to get busier, so I like the low-maintenance veggies or at least the cool season ones that produce and peter out before the heat of summer gets here.

Ha...I mentioned Millers...dang good thing I went back and through the mail..it wasn't Millers for Millers sold out to Stark nurseries...and what I thought was junk mail from Starks was a 50.00 gift certificate to replace the one I bought from Millers for our son...He went to Millers last fall and it was closed...which I thought strange...now I've lost yet another favorite tree nursery....hhhmmmm...Mr Miller passed last spring and Ohhh yes right on cue...his son sold farm/internet catalog business....

Did you notice the price of apples has not dropped that much from last ( bad ) year from this year a ( great ) year.

And now they are complaining there were so many apples they could not get enough people to pick them and they are saying they also do not have room to store them. Ha Ha. 

Did you notice the price of apples has not dropped that much from last ( bad ) year from this year a ( great ) year.

And now they are complaining there were so many apples they could not get enough people to pick them and they are saying they also do not have room to store them. Ha Ha. 

Got to recoup losses from last year somehow.

I got to see a large apple farm here up close and personal when it was bad. And, it was bad. This year, it was good...very very good.

They aren't exactly swimming in the cash as a result of the boom season, that's for sure. And this is one of the more prominent farms in Wayne Co.

I have to tell you guys...when it comes to"crap" like that...I call in the order...tell them I'd love to place an order but your shipping charges are out of line...if you have a supervisor tell them I'd like to see if a deal can be made...You'll will be surprised what they will do...

Just like Kohls  sent me a 50.00 gift card...and when our sons girl friend went to use it they turned her away saying nothing was on the card....she called him and he called me from his Vermont ski trip...I about flipped...Well she now has the 50.00 card coming and a voucher they gave me over the phone for another 30.00 for her embarrassment that I gave her that night while she was still in the city shopping...I explained he needed to tell his supervisor an apology though nice wasn't going to come close to fixing hers or my embarrassment...in today's world we have to speak up...