Nows the time to start....

growalot

Planning and researching this coming years projects...Last year I started gathering stuff for the new card board blinds but ran out of time and weather...lots of rain last year...to get even one done...this year at least one will be up....I have also had in a couple of craft projects I have been rolling around in the ole brain using the bass wood I have been cutting off the property....creating more bedding  using pine plantings..which will require more tree thinning...worked in that area yesterday so researching best pines to grow there...researching seeds...looking to build a fire wood shed from some bkl locus logs....trying to find affordable seed for the garden....building a couple of blk locus log roofs over some open blinds....building a big bird feeder that has a lrg overhanging roof so the seed won't get wet and sprout.that bugs me....lol

Whats in the works for you?

Yep, tossing around some ideas in my head too after rabbit hunting last week...Getting out again for some rabbits when the weather breaks Friday...and will be finalizing picking a spot between a bedding area and some woods for a small food plot I've been wanting to put in for a couple years now and picking a spot behind the pond area to plant some apple trees.

Also working on a spot I've been wanting to construct and brush in a ground blind.

trimming the tops off the taller brush so the bottoms grow and the deer can reach them.Slashings and hedge rows are getting way to tall for them to be advantageous for the deer.All the oaks are infected with the bugs that cause the trees to have galls. I havent seen any acorns so i believe this wasp causes the tree stress and therefore inhibits the growth of acorns.

First project in the spring is a new roof for the barn. 38 years for an asphalt shingle roof is pushing the life expectancy a bit .... lol. And I have a bit of roof damage to show for it. Metal roof this time.

Also, it is time to get back at the brush clearing down along the driveway. That damn wild rose is sure persistent.

In a hunting category, I want to try a bit more off-hand shooting just to see if I can improve a bit there. Not sure how that will work out. After all, it's not like I am getting any steadier in my old age .... lol. I might also drag out the old recurve just to see what I can do with it.

I have to add a couple of pear trees to my orchard. Also, I am going to try my hand at grafting. I have a scrawny Bartlett pear tree that really should come out of it's shaded location. It never is going to do well where I planted it years ago, in fact it is dying. I also have a real nice-shaped  seckle(sp?) pear tree that has these little dinky, hard-as-a-bullet, pears all over it. So I want to make a bunch of grafts from the dying Bartlett tree to the seckle pear tree that has the crappy little pears. I'll see how that works out.

Also, I have a lot of trim work to do on the trees in my mini-orchard. They have been ignored and finally need some attention. Also have some spray work for apple scab on the apple trees. These damn trees really are high maintenance.

Also have some repair work for the pump shed.

There is no shortage of projects around this place. So maybe I should be enjoying the winter break instead of always complaining about the weather .... ha-ha. The work begins when the snow goes away.

First project in the spring is a new roof for the barn. 38 years for an asphalt shingle roof is pushing the life expectancy a bit .... lol. And I have a bit of roof damage to show for it. Metal roof this time.

Also, it is time to get back at the brush clearing down along the driveway. That damn wild rose is sure persistent.

In a hunting category, I want to try a bit more off-hand shooting just to see if I can improve a bit there. Not sure how that will work out. After all, it's not like I am getting any steadier in my old age .... lol. I might also drag out the old recurve just to see what I can do with it.

I have to add a couple of pear trees to my orchard. Also, I am going to try my hand at grafting. I have a scrawny Bartlett pear tree that really should come out of it's shaded location. It never is going to do well where I planted it years ago, in fact it is dying. I also have a real nice-shaped  seckle(sp?) pear tree that has these little dinky, hard-as-a-bullet, pears all over it. So I want to make a bunch of grafts from the dying Bartlett tree to the seckle pear tree that has the crappy little pears. I'll see how that works out.

Also, I have a lot of trim work to do on the trees in my mini-orchard. They have been ignored and finally need some attention. Also have some spray work for apple scab on the apple trees. These damn trees really are high maintenance.

Also have some repair work for the pump shed.

38 yrs  for asphalt sure is pushing it. 3 tabs or T-locks? If your going metal. Look into the snap lock panels. Awesome product with no exposed fasteners and looks 10 times better than your standard panel. I've owned my own Home Improvement Co. for 15 yrs. and have been doing it for a little over 20yrs. specializing in roofing and siding.

There is no shortage of projects around this place. So maybe I should be enjoying the winter break instead of always complaining about the weather .... ha-ha. The work begins when the snow goes away.