DMFA thread

cdmckane

I'm out of the loop on this.. can someone tell us how many years they've been doing it, how long does it run, are there other counties, what can be shot? thanks

This is the second year. They'll do it until they achieve the desired deer density. Get on dec site and search DMFA in the search box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to get one of those $3k does. They wouldn't have tge overpopulation issue nor the wasteful spending issue if they'd just lift the village ordinance prohibiting bow hunting andnif owners would open their land up.

im hoping long island has a something like that happen if they try it hehe..

I was planning on heading up to the public land up there. anyone going have any luck?

I spoke to a ranger out there and he said its like a 1 in 5 chance of getting a deer from last years estimates and they cleaned a lot out... soooo im guessing public land up their wont be to great... praying different cause I wana spend 3 days up there

I got tags for the first time this year.  How are the locals with land access?  Also I hear the college lets you hunt their properties, Is that true? I know through working part time at Colgate University colleges tend to have a lot of land off campus and tons of deer!

You can hunt cornell but you had to apply bef bow season. Locals are very much antis as a rule. That's why they have the problem they have. I have access to my father in law 100 acres or I wouldn't be able to hunt at all.

You can hunt cornell but you had to apply bef bow season. Locals are very much antis as a rule. That's why they have the problem they have. I have access to my father in law 100 acres or I wouldn't be able to hunt at all.

I wonder if a lil $$ incentive would change their opinions haha :spiteful:

I wonder if a lil $$ incentive would change their opinions haha :spiteful:

It's impossible. Either you have land or have a friend who has land you can hunt because locals hate hunting. In fact, go to craigslist and post an ad looking for DMFA land to hunt, anti's flag it and its taken down in minutes. 

You really can't give incentives for people who are dead set against it.

I've hunted very small parcels in that area and you would not believe how bad you get harassed, yelled at, etc. I hope the deer copulate all over their manicured lawns and strip the vegetation like locusts 

I've been hunting Cornell and DMFA land for YEARS. Around golf courses, houses, walking paths, etc. never once had a single person say anything negative to me or about me. Unlike the stereotype, most people in the area understand the need to hunt. I've even had a few people spot me in my tree, wave, apologize for ruining my hunt, turn around and leave.

Zhe Wiz

• Like 1

Ohhh that reminds me one weekend I was at Ithaca college partying. I ended up meeting two girls and went back to their dorm room. Long story short... They saw my dog tags and said "make love not war", "are you really alright with killing". The host hippie tree hugging people I've ever met, and they all were like that I've met. They were pretty nice though ;)