Squeaky Bow

Bow

I have pulled my older bows apart until there was no two parts left assembled and put them back together again just because I wanted to give them a custom paint job, but they were not under any warrantee at the time. Ability to do the job is not the issue. I still would not do anything that might jeopardize the warranty on a brand new bow. Besides, I'm sure he paid good money and lots of it, to have a perfect bow that functions as it was advertised. He should not have to start off repairing the thing himself no matter how simple the fix might be.

You are talking about tearing the whole bow down, not doing something extremely simple, like replacing the site or even the grip. The advice is ridiculous because the bow is new and under warranty. Why in the heck would you chance screwing up your warranty, which you paid for in the price of the new bow? Its just silly.

I have worked on my own bows, but never taken them down, etc. I dont have the time or desire at this point to learn how to do it, but it doesnt mean that I couldnt if I took the time.

Read his post. He said the bow probably needs to be torn down and everything inspected. He never suggested the OP to do it. He suggested the OP to lightly sand the plastic pieces that the yoke cables attach to and see if that fixed it because that's a simple thing to try. I think sometimes you get such a hard on for people on here that you don't even take the time to comprehend what they are trying to say. Relax buddy!

Read his post. He said the bow probably needs to be torn down and everything inspected. He never suggested the OP to do it. He suggested the OP to lightly sand the plastic pieces that the yoke cables attach to and see if that fixed it because that's a simple thing to try. I think sometimes you get such a hard on for people on here that you don't even take the time to comprehend what they are trying to say. Relax buddy!

Ahhh. Give the guy a break! Maybe this place is the only thing he has in life to get a hard on over :haha:  This guy has me confused. In 1 reply he states it's not rocket science to work on a bow then in another states he doesn't know how. Well......I know who I won't be taking advice from around here. BTW. You don't have to tear down the whole bow to do what I suggested. It takes 5 mins.

I have pulled my older bows apart until there was no two parts left assembled and put them back together again just because I wanted to give them a custom paint job, but they were not under any warrantee at the time. Ability to do the job is not the issue. I still would not do anything that might jeopardize the warranty on a brand new bow. Besides, I'm sure he paid good money and lots of it, to have a perfect bow that functions as it was advertised. He should not have to start off repairing the thing himself no matter how simple the fix might be.

Like I said before. If he had no intentions on trying to fix it himself. He should not have asked. Where the hell is the Easy button around here?

Ahhh. Give the guy a break! Maybe this place is the only thing he has in life to get a hard on over :haha:  This guy has me confused. In 1 reply he states it's not rocket science to work on a bow then in another states he doesn't know how. Well......I know who I won't be taking advice from around here. BTW. You don't have to tear down the whole bow to do what I suggested. It takes 5 mins.

Just because I dont know how to do it, doesnt make it rocket science lol. I dont honestly give a rats patoot about you taking any advice from me, nor do I have a "hardon" for anyone or anything here. Im just not going to sit back and not comment when someone is telling a 15 year old kid to possibly botch up the warranty on his brand new bow. :rolleyes:

Wow, you still dont get it. Carry on, ignorance is bliss...

I get it, you're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Must be why they made you a moderator! What a tool! Is your opinion the only one that ever counts around here? You sure are narcissistic! From now on just worry about yourself and nevermind what I say.

I get it, you're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Must be why they made you a moderator! What a tool! Is your opinion the only one that ever counts around here? You sure are narcissistic! From now on just worry about yourself and nevermind what I say.

WTF are you talking about? Ive explained what my point has been a bunch of times, and you dont get it. I never said you were wrong on anything, I said the advice to possibly void the warranty on a brand new bow is not good advice. Good lord. Never mind that though, go on a typical lame-o name calling assumption rant fest because you got all butt hurt and everything lol.

Dont presume to tell me what to pay attention to and what not to. Talk about narcissistic lol.

WTF are you talking about? Ive explained what my point has been a bunch of times, and you dont get it. I never said you were wrong on anything, I said the advice to possibly void the warranty on a brand new bow is not good advice. Good lord. Never mind that though, go on a typical lame-o name calling assumption rant fest because you got all butt hurt and everything lol.

Dont presume to tell me what to pay attention to and what not to. Talk about narcissistic lol.

LOL! Are you taking your ball and going home now?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Add oil ? Grease it up? Yikes! Hey bow do yourself a favor get an older compound and buy yourself some tools.bow vice,simple center shot jig,nocks and nock pliers, a portable bow vice,the cable type,some serving string and learn how to do this stuff yourself.you could buy all this stuff for under 200 bucks.theres tons of info on YouTube doing everything one could possibly do to a bow.so when you need to check something on your bow you can.all this stuff is very portable so it can go anywhere your bow goes in the event of a malfunction you don't have to go to a bow shop to get it fixed.tearing a bow apart and putting back together is simple with the appropriate tools.being able to do this kind of stuff will make you a better shooter too.and don't ever add oil or grease up a bow. Contact your bow manufacturer and tell them of the problem,I'm sure they wouldn't tell you to grease it up.your bow shop greased it up to avoid having to do the warrantee rigmarole with the company.i did the very same thing.i can change everything on my bow out of a toolbox anywhere I am,and I know my bow will be set up correctly,to shoot straight.