Headed out now...

growalot

to search for racks...The repair guy just left ...new furnace blower....While he was working I went over the pics from yesterday...and blew them up....the big guy with rack..plus 3 with small half racks and I think 5 that lost racks...from the dark stains and a couple that looked a tad light in color..

So seeing this is a first for us...that is the buck staying or coming back around...usually they move down hill...do you think they will stay? Is it possible there is a very late breeding happening?  Give me your opinion...

I have decided to wait on the hinging if we get this deep snow they are predicting ...they will need easy access to the branches.......grabbing camera and I'm out the door....

• Like 1

So I tracked and back track glassed a 30acre area until my knee and back could take no more...there is a 2" thick sheet of frozen snow over soft snow...and the sudden breaking through just killed me...this was mostly drift areas in the woods.....I kid you not tracks just EVERY where and in all directions...merging and branching ones running parallel and ones crossing this way and that big small and one really tiny set....Nothing but 5 different areas of rubs...and lots of butterscotch colored urine and lots of droppings....

Two areas of bedding..Ohh they are smart...one is set up where I can not enter a several acre area...with out them catching me...and I can only enter out of sight up wind from them....hhhmm will  really have to monitor travel times in that area this fall carefully ...for I have several blinds and stands there....just a few pics...turnips, tracks ,rubs...no biggies...lol

• Like 1

that second rub was old but I came across several other fresh ones....and some darn strong smelling urine...almost as bad as the fox....pulled different cams today ...we now have a rather large group of buck ...all different ages button to big guys that lost their racks some time ago...I really hope Feb. and March fizzle...Not happy about the layer of crust in the snow...especially with more on the way...