Frustrated, disgusted and done for the year!

nybuckboy

Yep... I'm done bow hunting for the year.  I have the hunted about the hardest I have ever hunted (hours) and am just bummed out. I hunted  today (Sat) and the previous week Wed afternoon, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday both in the am, til mid morning and from mid aft til dark. At least 40 hours of daylight and seen no deer - unless you wanna call the one on the way in in the dark and the one on the way out at dark.

Some of you may remember I have the loggers in the area and boy have they frogged (nice word for #@#*&*) it all up. I'm gonna ride my horse tommorrow for a couple hours all over the hunting land. I am putting my bow away and see what happens when the gun season opens and the deer are pushed around.

Incidently, the guy that hunts 100 acres across the road from where I hunt also has the same logging operation on the other side of him and has been seeing a boatload of both, bucks and does.

Don't give up, if you've got the time.

One of the great things about bowhunting deer is, just when you think you have it all figured out...the deer always do something that surprises us. And we learn... and that is really what bow hunting is about to me. And that knowledge is so hard won.

So ride your horse, take a break, get your spirit tuned and take your bow back out and hunt. All you need is a different perspective to figure them out. I would guess that they have you patterned.

That's a possibilty that they have me patterned but I have 11 stands and have used all but 2. The thing is most of my stands are on the edges of fields or in corners, (both inside and outside corners) and I'm not seeing deer even hundreds of yards away. I have decided to give it one last shot and go out late today.

same thing with me... i was getting dejected about this season, i put so much time in the woods this season only to come out with nothing. i past on a decent amount of small bucks tho. my lucj changed on Saturday tho, smoked a 7 point at 5 yards, dont give up!! it will happen