It's Official!!

tughillmcd

At archery distance it is still pretty obvious mature buck vs. horse doe...yearlings are the problem unfortunately. Jersey goes way late and I don't think it's too big of a problem of course overall pop control is the main concern there and you can shoot a racked buck late if you have the tag. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty obvious to some.. many hunters can't tell a mature buck when it has antlers..lol

• Like 2

Five years ago I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. Coma for 15 days Suffered a traumatic brain injury. Spent 6 weeks in hospital rehab, and 8 weeks out patient rehab.Regained most of my normal functions, except ability to walk unassisted or stand for extended period of time.

So, I will  be able to hunt legally in new york for deer during archery season. ( hopefully the powers to be Will have the common sense to install crossbow use at the same time, longbow. Recurves, compounds are allowed). And YES,I pull a trigger to discharge my. Crossbow, just like 95 % of all archers using compounds pull the trigger on their release to shoot an arrow.  

Last year I had to travel to Ohio to.archery hunt for deer. Contemplated being a lawbreaker after a lifetime of following the conservation rules. Now hopefully I won't have too.    I'm 60 years old won't be climbing trees anymore just a ground blind man these days. BUT I'll be out in the woods and at camp with family and friends.the month of October and the first part of November. Then again for gun season.

Edited by john mc
  • Like 3

So, I will thank all those that had anything to do with getting the crossbow as a legal hunting instrument. From the governor down.  That being said, I'm appreciative but discerning individual . My vote this year will be based on many faucets of the  politicians way of governing. I HAVEN't forgotten the NY SAFE ACT. Or how it was passed. Hopefully, no matter what your political affiliation,  as hunters we remember the safe act, when casting our vote

Edited by john mc
  • Like 1

My vote this year will be based on many faucets of the  politicians way of governing.

Stepping of topic for just a second ...... That's what I'm afraid is going to splinter and destroy the unification of gun owners this year. I have a single agenda on my mind this year which is to "punish" those politicians that voted for that despicable infringement on the 2nd Amendment. I am up for letting my vote send a clear and long-lasting message about the sanctity of gun rights in this state. No other "way of governing" has as much impact as the attitude toward the Constitution. I will not be swayed or diverted this year.

• Like 2

Five years ago I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. Coma for 15 days Suffered a traumatic brain injury. Spent 6 weeks in hospital rehab, and 8 weeks out patient rehab.Regained most of my normal functions, except ability to walk unassisted or stand for extended period of time.

So, I will  be able to hunt legally in new york for deer during archery season. ( hopefully the powers to be Will have the common sense to install crossbow use at the same time, longbow. Recurves, compounds are allowed). And YES,I pull a trigger to discharge my. Crossbow, just like 95 % of all archers using compounds pull the trigger on their release to shoot an arrow.  

Last year I had to travel to Ohio to.archery hunt for deer. Contemplated being a lawbreaker after a lifetime of following the conservation rules. Now hopefully I won't have too.    I'm 60 years old won't be climbing trees anymore just a ground blind man these days. BUT I'll be out in the woods and at camp with family and friends.the month of October and the first part of November. Then again for gun season.

congrats on getting back in the woods. Nobody I have met was against the handicapped being able to use a crossbow.

And while I would never expect anyone to do this, it's not impossible to hunt with handicaps

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/06/14/warrior-games-mark-obrien-salute-troops

0F68D6D9-0206-4698-B00F-D4916F75BBC3_zps