Lithium batteries

I left one of my Moultrie M-100 out all winter and I just retrieved it today.  The batteries were put in it in July 2013.  I'm not sure how many pics were actually taken on the batteries, I'm guessing about 1,500.  The camera still says 175days of battery life left!  Worth every penny!post-1267-0-18910400-1396565651_thumb.jp 

• Like 1

No offense, but you shouldnt even be remotely thinking the gauge on the battery life will work with lithiums. Those gauges are meant for alkaline.

Lithiums wont tell you that they are near death in a game cam.

• Like 2

yes, Lithium batts will keep your cam powered in cold temps but aren't necessary in temps 40 and above. under these conditions rechargeable NIMH's will save you a lot.

another warning about Lithiums. I have used them in the past but they present a significant problem when they start to run down. the problem is they will still show a good charge right before they go dead, so very often you leave them in thinking they have a lot of life left, only to return and find your cam has been dead for some time.

No offense, but you shouldnt even be remotely thinking the gauge on the battery life will work with lithiums. Those gauges are meant for alkaline.

Lithiums wont tell you that they are near death in a game cam.

didn't see this before I posted but tells the same story. beware!