T-4 days...

34NY

As this is my first year hunting, with a bow at that, I can't wait to get my first bird. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. All I keep hearing is man, turkeys with a bow, your not going to have much success. I've read everything I could get my hands on, watched countless videos, scouted and scouted, and been shooting religiously for 8 months now. Alls I have to do is execute what I've learned. I'm pumped! Can't wait to prove the naysayers wrong.

All I keep hearing is man, turkeys with a bow, your not going to have much success.

don't know why you're hearing this. turkeys are not that difficult to get within bow range.

I've been bowhunting them for only a few years, and am now 2 for 4 on shots at Toms. got 2 in a row on consecutive hunts as well; my 1st Tom was taken in 2011, and then the first time out in 2012, scored another Tom the very 1st morning. last year got another shot my 1st morning out but blew it, shooting low from an awkward position (kneeling) in my pop up blind. I had my chance to go an unheard of 3 in a row with a bow; but I didn't make the shot. well, 2 in a row aint bad.

I'll bet you get one.

As this is my first year hunting, with a bow at that, I can't wait to get my first bird. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. All I keep hearing is man, turkeys with a bow, your not going to have much success. I've read everything I could get my hands on, watched countless videos, scouted and scouted, and been shooting religiously for 8 months now. Alls I have to do is execute what I've learned. I'm pumped! Can't wait to prove the naysayers wrong.

If you're using a blind it shouldn't be too difficult.  If you're not using a blind, best stop at Wegmans and pick up a Butterball.

Good luck!!

best of luck to you!!! but don't always judge success by getting a kill. just enjoy your time in the woods and if you see birds or hear some gobbling, count that as a victory. if you do get to harvest one than that is a grand slam!!! I hope you do get one but don't be discouraged if you don't. just enjoy the ride!!!

• Like 1

best of luck to you!!! but don't always judge success by getting a kill. just enjoy your time in the woods and if you see birds or hear some gobbling, count that as a victory. if you do get to harvest one than that is a grand slam!!! I hope you do get one but don't be discouraged if you don't. just enjoy the ride!!!

A+