Astorino picks a running ,mate.

Who's the Independent running against him and Cuomo? that's who im voting fer!

That is a position I would encourage you to forget. That is pretty much simply throwing a potential pro-gun vote away and really accomplishing nothing at all.

Even when national elections sent powerful messages to national politicians about gun rights, New York wasn't one of the states that voted against them.  This is a blue state where the number of gun haters outnumbers the gun owners by millions.  Heck, you can't even get NY gun owners to join the NRA or other gun rights groups.  That's pathetic.

You want to fight for what's left?  What's left??

My point is, you can all work up a huge sweat this year trying to punish the Leftists, but do you have the fortitude to keep this fight going for decades to come?

I'm an analytical realist, not a dreamer.

BTW, After requesting a little info on relocation, Texas has already sent out an invitation for me to come down there based on my strong pro gun attitude and firearms collection.  They want people with my kind of gun sense in their state to always hold a majority over the anti-gun votes even they have.  Arizona is less worried about the anti's currently, as very few live there now.  (They probably get shot by accident). LOL!  Just to set the record straight, I don't see either of those states as being the best place for an outdoorsman to live, even with their great attitude towards gun rights.

I commend you all for finally getting around to fighting, but unless you plan to keep fighting, you're gonna lose in the long run.  Just my informed, experienced humble opinion.  Don't get angry with me just because I show you the facts you will be up against.  You should be thanking me for opening your eyes far enough in advance to give you a chance by warning you all......again.

post-177-0-16183800-1400426473_thumb.png

You want to fight for what's left?  What's left??

Actually that is the embodiment of the attitude that got us where we are. So many people ready to throw in the towel and simply run from any kind of adversity. People running from the state, people running from the system, people running from any real responsible reaction to conditions that are unfavorable here. And then people who think they are some kind of heavy thinkers by discouraging those that are actively trying to fix things. These are the people who talk about standing and fighting and yet turn tail at any sign of problems. It really is hard to stomach that sort of arrogant hypocrisy.

Actually that is the embodiment of the attitude that got us where we are. So many people ready to throw in the towel and simply run from any kind of adversity. People running from the state, people running from the system, people running from any real responsible reaction to conditions that are unfavorable here. And then people who think they are some kind of heavy thinkers by discouraging those that are actively trying to fix things. These are the people who talk about standing and fighting and yet turn tail at any sign of problems. It really is hard to stomach that sort of arrogant hypocrisy.

Too bad you had nothing to offer when I was telling you years ago the time to fight was upon us.  Nobody believed then.  Now you say I'm running?  No.  I'm simply letting you lie in the bed you made.

VJP you remind me of eyore form the pooh days  "nothing good ever happens to me." 

I'm not familiar with the analogy, as I don't find fantasy entertaining.

Lot's of good happens to me.  It's too bad I have to listen to the complaining of folks who've made bad decisions, and then ask me to help them dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.  

I have no sympathy for anyone who's misery is self inflicted.

Too bad you had nothing to offer when I was telling you years ago the time to fight was upon us.  Nobody believed then.  Now you say I'm running?  No.  I'm simply letting you lie in the bed you made.

Well, actually I never knew anything about you years ago ... lol. And probably those that did listened briefly to your Henny Penny imitation constantly running around in circles, waving your arms frantically and declaring that the sky is falling. The problem with that behavior is that on the rare occasion that you might have something credibly worth saying, everyone has already tuned you out. It's the old "crying wolf syndrome". It gets especially weird when you get off into your militia mode. So, I have no idea what it is that you were saying "years ago", but I imagine it was about as incredible as some of the strange nonsense you have been spewing here, and likely it was quite properly being ignored. People respond to positive direction and hopeful leadership, and really don't have a lot of patience for the old "woe is me, the world is falling apart and there's nothing that can be done" party line. Frankly, I don't listen to people who's answer to everything is to run and hide, while trying to discourage all those that are interested in making real contributions to real solutions. I see nothing positive in any of that and would rather not get bogged down in the self-pity and negativity that never brings any real change. I think we have had more than enough of that already and we really don't have time for anymore of it.

• Like 1

Who's the Independent running against him and Cuomo? that's who im voting fer!

There is no independent candidate right now because they haven't endorsed anyone or had a primary yet. If anything it'd be Astorino. You can't vote for someone just because of the letter after their last name. Things have become too skewed from the historical ideals of each party. NYC mayor de basio is an independent and he's more of a democrat than Cuomo. Go to astorino site and read what he's about. He's all about being independent as in truly working together to get things done to the satisfaction of NY voters. As an elected county exec in westchester he has to be independent of both parties otherwise as a republican in a democratic county he'd never get anything done or get elected to begin with.

Lot's of good happens to me.  It's too bad I have to listen to the complaining of folks who've made bad decisions, and then ask me to help them dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.  

I'm not asking you for anything, except: lead, follow, or get out of the way.

How about this?  Doc, this is for you too.

When someone tells you to look out for the freight train coming, check it out prior to telling them to be quiet and stop messin' with your lazy buzz.

A few posts back I said what you need to be ready for, and what you're up against.  That was constructive.  Nobody said thanks, just posted more insults.  That's fine.

You guys were all very complacent and comfy when the anti's were getting ready to attack years ago and were quick to insult anyone who tried to tell you to start getting ready.  You had some good laughs then making fun of people who knew better.

Now that the worst has come to pass, you still want to try and make fun of people who were right about the future.  And are still right about the fight you will be in from now on.  Go ahead and laugh.  I'll be laughing all the way out of this state.  No great loss.  You guys ain't worth fighting for, or with.

Have fun with the fight.  I hope you can last as long as the anti's will.

Edited by Mr VJP

Be careful who you lump into the complacent crowd of you guys. You make it sound lije you were the only person doing anything before the safe act. I must say you seem to be doing very little after it but giving up

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Gentlemen I think if you can't get along in these forums it's hopeless to think you're together in this fight for freedoms this nation was founded on. Mr VJP you are right the fight has always been going on and will continue. I'm pretty new to these forums so I don't know any choices made by some in the past. I do think that now is a time we need to all be together not pointing fingers at mistakes or ignorance of the past. The once ignorant are needed by your side if you.... Meaning we.... Are going to keep are freedoms from eroding away. Sure you can move to Texas but to many of us maybe even yourself here is home. I have a co-worker that just shipped out. If we all leave this state is blue and the next suddenly purple. States would get checked off the list as "hopeless" now few red states would be left. Anyone who chooses to fight here in the front lines of ny has some admiration from myself. Not because of what they did or didn't do in the past but because they stand beside me now for the same cause. It's been pointed out that this election is about more than just guns.

Well, I guess I have had enough of this foolishness. Time for a serious, on topic, question. Has anyone heard of any local Astorino campaign headquarters being set up yet? It might be that the man needs a little help.

If you really want me to believe this statement, then you have your head buried further in the sand than I even thought you did.  Now your silliness is getting out of control.  No sense in responding to someone who is obviously here to undermine the cause.  It is becoming more evident with every post that is why you are here.  When you report back to the King tell him I personally say hi.  

Typical. You guys wouldn't know a gun guy from an anti if he gave you a calling card.

I'm not undermining your cause, people. I'm trying to illustrate for you how much of a fight you're in for.

If you think one election will make all this crap better, you are way more oblivious than I thought.

If you have the strength and the guts to fight this fight until the day you die, I applaud you. Start by becoming a LIFE member of the NRA like I did, if you haven't already done so. At least then you will be constantly informed of what's happening before it's too late.

What I am saying is I would rather leave, than fight with NY gun owners, as most have shown me they don't care enough about their gun rights to win this fight. I wouldn't go into battle with guys that haven't got the heart to win either. Nor would I enter a house fire with guys who don't care if it burns to the ground.

You guys have your work cut out for you. Good Luck. I hope you do win, but I have serious doubts about it. NY just doesn't have the grassroots gun rights dedication that will be needed to win this fight. If you can get that up and running, maybe you've got a chance.

Consider that the most constructive advice I can give about this issue.

I understand your frustration Mr VJP but again it's not you guys or you or us. It's we. It's got to be. If you're voting and you're not moving then you're with us. Please do try and stay optimistic. You make it seem like its a war and not a battle. Although you're right about that, wars are never won with pessimistic state of mind.

Now you want to leave no to not fight with gun owners.  earlier you wanted to leave because gun owners could not win this fight. You should read the stuff you already type before you type new.  Maybe then the story would be at least similar at the end.  If what you are doing is being in the fight, then get out of the way for those who intend to make changes not excuses

Along with joining the NRa SCOPE NYRPA, send some money to Astorino's campaign.  He will need it if we expect him to win.  If you want him to get his name out there, assist him in doing so.  The suggestion has been 10 dollars for every gun you own.  Not too much to ask.  he can not finance this on his own.  Dig deep

• Like 1

If this was only about NY, I'd be tempted to throw in the towel myself.

It's a whole lot bigger than that, which is why we have support from states that aren't currently on the front lines. Give Cuomo the keys to the White House and he'll pull the same crap on the country that he's pulled on NYS. A lot of people realize this and are doing what they can to at least help prevent it from happening.

I see nothing contradictory in my posts Bubba. Maybe this quote will say it better for you.

"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth -- and listen to the song of that syren, till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it." --Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Convention, 1775

IGive Cuomo the keys to the White House and he'll pull the same crap on the country that he's pulled on NYS. A lot of people realize this and are doing what they can to at least help prevent it from happening.

You are giving Cuomo WAY too much credit, if you think he has the slightest chance in the world to become president.  He has ZERO chance, and you can take that one to the bank.  He wouldn't be elected dog catcher on a national level.

• Like 1

You are giving Cuomo WAY too much credit, if you think he has the slightest chance in the world to become president. He has ZERO chance, and you can take that one to the bank. He wouldn't be elected dog catcher on a national level.

Absolutely. Here in NY he sits on a throne. Take that away and he wouldn't have much left. Assistant to De Blasio? Lol

We all know it'd send a huge message if he lost and Bill Clinton would say "See I told ya so!"

I see nothing contradictory in my posts Bubba. Maybe this quote will say it better for you.

"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth -- and listen to the song of that syren, till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it." --Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Convention, 1775

Here is a quote for you

Everyday we face accomplishments which are disguised as impossible situations.  

I am done with this now.  There is no sense trying to point out the obvious to some people.  Good luck and make sure you get the sand out of your ears when you finally pull your head out.  Again tell Andy I said hi.