powder

bubba

I went to my local gun shop today.  he sells my useless repeal the safe act signs for me.  Anyway he had just got in a huge powder order. Some of it he said had been back ordered since January.  He is not expecting any more in the near future. He expects this will be all he will see this year. Anyway I left with enough varget and IMR 485 to last a while.  Time to load for the old 300 savage and 7-08.  

He has all the bullets and primers in stock.  This year has been the worst.  he has very few  22 shells, and most ammunition is scarce.  He can get all the black powder substitutes and bullets without much problem.  he personally does not sell bh209.  I get that out of state.  I got a 5 pound container for 199 shipped to my door.  Pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the heads up, Bubba...

I need a rainy day project today, so I think  I'll inventory my components and then maybe make a run to the gunshop..

I need to get some trigger time on my .280 this summer  to prepare for my CO mule deer hunt this fall.

I stopped at Beikirch's in East Rochester yesterday . They had gotten a crapload of Large Rifle Primers in so I bought 5 boxes (500) . The assistant told me I could buy more if I wanted and I said I would leave some for others rather than hoarding what I really didn't need .

• Like 1

I checked my supply this morning...I have lots of primers. Fortunately I had  stocked up before the shortages.

PROBABLY I have enough powder, but I'll pick up another pound or two if it's available.

Definitely need bullets, specifically Barnes TTSX 140 grain 7mm....I'll try Beikirch's in Knoxville, PA. If they don't have them, Cooper's in Mansfield PA is another good source.

I spent some time this morning and prepped a good supply of casings...They are all FL resized, trimmed, chamfered, primer pockets cleaned..All I have to do is prime, charge and seat bullets.