progress on camp addition.

reeltime

I loaded up the truck tueday morning and headed to camp, had to watch the radar to time the trip so I would miss as much rain as I could since I had our new staircase in the truck.

they missed the first days forcast by a mile! from tuesday afternoon to wednesday afternoon we got almost 5 inches of rain at camp! I could not afford to loose time so we started working in the rain. by dark I had the rest of the decking down to the transition point where we were going to tie into the existing building with the addition.

Wed. morning I was at the metal shop picking up all the metal, when I got back I started framing half of the 2nd floor.  by the time dad got there I had the walls all framed and staged on the floor to set up.  we got the walls set, plumbed, squared and the tie in plates on.

we got half the trusses up to the second floor and by dark had them set and the perlins on by dark, thankfully it had finally stopped raining.

4am thursday I started taking off the roof, by 10 am the new floor joists were in place and we started decking the second half of the 2nd floor.  by 10pm the remainder of the 2nd floor was framed, side walls above the existing roof were sheeted and flashed in, 

trusses up, and perlins on. by 11 pm the overhangs were done with gable fascia boards cut and installed.....19 hrs I was beyond exhausted!

4 am friday I was cutting out windows and doors, got some more sheeting on the exterior walls just to help tighten things up and trying to be productive before help arrived to put the roof on.  dad and a buddy of mine were taking the sheets of steel off my truck, handed them up to another buddy on the existing camp roof and then he pushed them up to me on the new roof and I put them down.. I got up on the roof at 10:45 am and I climbed down off the finished roof at 1pm.  the rest of the day was spent sheeting the remainder of the exterior walls, laying out interior walls, and cutting out more windows.  by 10 pm it was time to call it a night.

3am sat. I was up and trying to get house wrap on alone, I had to be outa there by 9 to get back to NY to bale hay. I was hoping to get it wrapped and the windows in before I had to leave but doing the wrap alone the first 3 hours didn't go as fast as I wanted. we finally got it water tight and I threw stuff in the truck and was gone by 9:45 so I had to make up some time on the trip back... got back here had Judy meet me at the farm to grab the dog and by 6pm had 400 bales done and put in the barn..

I guess I went to bed last night cause thats where I woke up at 4 am this morning...  I wanted to run back to pa today to put the windows in but had some work to do here today and the next few days are busy, then I have to fish 3 days this weekend.

some pics..

the new staircase

20140623_150715_zpsv9ofz7b6.jpg

20140624_195305_zpslcxvnw3t.jpg

20140627_203705_zpsccoozq8k.jpg

20140627_203857_zpspqxykmyi.jpg

20140628_100508_zpsrbsdpgpi.jpg