TChunter

Thoughts on WMU 5G, 5H, 5F

Just wanted to get a discussion going on the WMU's 5F, 5G, 5H.  Is it worth hunting those WMU's.  Deciding to change my hunting area from Rangeley, ME to Upstate NY.  What does everyone think?

I don't hunt those areas but right now probably isn't the best time to get an answer. All the boys are on their way or at camp. Bet you have an answer next week.

GL

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Welcome aboard! I don't hunt that area. However, the guys that hunt that area will probably let you know in the middle of the week.

Genesis 9:1-3 .....The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that moves will be food for you.....

Try the WMU specific sections, or the General Hunting sections. So how's the snowboarding up in Rangeley, ME?

Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not.

Welcome.  Why do you want to switch?

God does not subtract from your lifetime, the hours spent hunting and fishing! ---- Never shoot at game that can be hit. Always shoot at game that can not be missed! ---- Life Member of the NRA & NAHC as well as self appointed Jagermeister

My dad and I hunt along the 5G/5H border, there is some BIG deer up there but the woods are huge, and you could walk for miles and literally not see a thing.  I think the population density is something like .7 deer per square mile.

With some effort though the reward can be great, and the scenery is just beautiful...I'd go just for the view.

Cisco Certified Network Associate

Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security

Cisco Certified Network Associate-Voice

"We are the lifeguards of the Internet."

Martin Saber

Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge

im in region 5 never have a problem finding and tagging out on my share!

www.adirondackbowhunters.com

2012 Hunting Setup

PSE Stinger 3G 29/70#

Apex Accustrike 4-Pin Camo

Quickshot Whisker Biscuit

NAP Shockwaves

Q5 Ultra-Lite 5-Arrow Camo

Octane S5 Ultra-Lite Stabilizer

R.A.D. Trio String Peep

Hi-Tek Camo Rope Sling

Carbon Arrows 3" Offset Vanes

www.facebook.com/adirondackbowhunters

If you are used to hunting in Maine than the Adirondacks are very similar. There is deep woods and some big-big deer. Only problem is winter kill and the woods have not been logged in years. Lack of logging leaves very little small brouse in some area as the mature trees are so big.

Best advise is to scout areas after first snow and look for sign..... best of luck!!