young buck with a skin problem??????

Kinda on the same topic my cousin shot a nice buck we had caught on cams early in year. It had been stuck during bow season and was in inedible shape. Called the Dec and only way they would give him a new tag is to take the whole deer...wouldn't even let him keep the head....he put the time in to target this buck and then to be told he couldn't keep the deer was not right IMO.

I have a photo but for some reason I can't upload it...? Anyway, a nice buck last year and it was almost bald. Looked like mange? Or some disease. I was scared and called DEC about it and asked if I should put it out of its misery or if they wanted to come get it for some lab testing. Turns out that this is also common for whitetail deer. In all my years I have never heard of or seen the warts, or the bald deer. I think DEC said it was mites(?) that made the hair fall out. But, once the cold weather hit the buck grew a nice winter coat an you'd never know he was bald a month ago. Sorry I can't upload the pic?

• 3 weeks later...

This photo is for my previous comment.... And as I said... These warts, and bald deer, they say is common for white tail deer..... I have been hunting deer 40 years an never ever heard any comments about this "common" stuff..... This buck picture was last year. He is still alive and a bit bigger rack this year. I thought for sure he would not have a "coat" to make it through the winter. Very interesting...

post-2883-0-97397300-1407250728_thumb.jp