Are you in or out of the trees?

Doc

Do you hunt from:  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hunt from:

• Treestands (Mainly or Exclusively)
    • Natural constructed ground blinds (Mainly or Exclusively)
    • Commercial pop-up ground blinds
    • Combination treestands and ground stands
    • No stands at all (Still-hunt or spot & stalk)

Ha ..... Isn't that a rush, having a deer walking right at you while you are standing at ground level,with him getting closer and closer. I have had situations where deer have for some reason came straight at me, offering no shot, and just kept heading for a face to face confrontation. That situation can cause an almost instant meltdown. And even if you never do get a shot opportunity, that kind of excitement is something you'll remember forever. I never did get that kind of a rush from treestand hunting.

Doc

I have a pop up ground blind, but I havent tried shooting my bow out of the windows of it yet, I should practice that before season this year. The spot that I put it at my dad's place is in the middle of a huge brush pile, where I cleared a spot just big enough to pop the blind open in. Then I throw brush over the top of it and it pretty much blends right in. In the past, Ive just been using it for when I take my daughter though.