Camera malfunction

Had a problem with a Primos Truth Cam CR Blackout . Batteries were low so I changed them . It wouldn't turn on . Brought it home to check it over . The positive terminal on one side of the housing had some rust where water had gotten in . Used a small wire brush and steel wool but didn't clean it well enough for the batteries to work as it was difficult to clean out the recess where the positive tip goes . I took a piece of tin foil , folded it , put it where the positive end goes , replaced the batteries and it works

Water / condensation can get in the front of there cameras . Sometimes it's just a simple fix ..

• Like 3

The + end of the battery is at the bottom of the camera and there is a small sump where the battery snaps into . That collects moisture , enough to cause a malfunction . I guess I will have to carry extra aluminum foil with me when I check out the camera . If I run in to one of the guys with the Tin Foil hat , i'll be all set ! :girlcrazy:

Water is a death sentence. Cams below the Reconyx line do not generally have coated internals. The damage you see is less than the damage you don't.

It's just a matter of time if not promptly taken care of. The problem is that cams soak outside for a longtime in conditions that change (humidty/temp rises and falls), making it likely that the internals are going to start corroding quickly before you can do anything about it.

• Like 1