Sterling Forest

the blur

Sterling is mostly 3P.  Couple parts of the northern extreme are 3M along Orange County Turnpike and East Mombasha Road.

Yes about 1/2 is AR.  South of 17A and west of Long Meadow Road is AR zone if I recall correctly.

My map is at home.

Edited by Two Track
  • Like 1

yea they have drop off locations and everyone I have come across including the park rangers were all really cool.  Even the dudes collecting jaw samples at the weigh in station were local good ole boys.  Helped me out with my kill last year and I advise you guys to leave em a tip next time!

yea vince mine just came in the mail I am going to send it out on Friday.  I think you have until 4:00pm sept 19th to get in opening day rifle! Let me know if anyone wants to team up at Sterling we have gotten to know the land very well!  Got my first buck there last year! Tasty lil bugger too!

• 3 weeks later...

There are bear in the park, last year I had a mother with a cub walk within 50 feet of my stand, if she was alone I would have taken a shot... Would have been an easy drag out as I was only 100 yards from the road in the bow only are near the intersection of 17 and 17a. Has anyone else noticed that you can actually hunt I'm the grass parking area the use for the Ren fair once gun season starts.... Might be nice to try the wide open field with my 30-06 on opening day!

yea just be care full there are usually a ton of guys running around sterling on opening day and you need to apply for the permit to be able to hunt there legally on opening day!  I urge everyone who hunts there to make sure they have a safe backdrop as I will be in those woods on that very day!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...