last minute prep

fisher2

I can't wait until you shoot a 2.5.

Why?  That would leave you with a 1.5?  Need to maintain the proper order.   lol 

You should see the massive buck I have patterned that I failed to mention to you.  I will let you see it when I drag it out.  You can even put it in your truck.  Makes Bases look like a button. 

Likely Oswego,  we've been smashing them pretty good the last few weeks. I bounced aound a little bit this year to different ports , but i'll be calling Wrights in oswego home port next year.  I really love fishing out your way though. I was out there for 4-5 weekends in May and we absolutely destroyed spring kings and steelies. Everything seems 2 weeks behind here, which is why the boat is still in the water. Id normally be in the rivers with the fly rod by now.  Goodluck to you as well, hope you pound them.

Good luck this weekend NYbuck50.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Which port?  They are starting to stage near Rochester, albeit a bit late. 

Likely Oswego,  we've been smashing them pretty good the last few weeks. I bounced aound a little bit this year to different ports , but i'll be calling Wrights in oswego home port next year.  I really love fishing out your way though. I was out there for 4-5 weekends in May and we absolutely destroyed spring kings and steelies. Everything seems 2 weeks behind here, which is why the boat is still in the water. Id normally be in the rivers with the fly rod by now.  Goodluck to you as well, hope you pound them.

Thanks you too.  Its has been a very erratic season for sure.  Caught a few Tues in 80fow, 55ft down.  But some reports are now showing them in as close as 30-50ft.  Doubt the big blow the next few days will make a difference as they are already late as you mentioned and temps are not so critical this time of year.

PM me if you ever want to get together to fish.

Sorry if I derailed this thread.

Readjusted some stands yesterday on the property we leased. And now the season if second-guessing our last moves begins. I had a ground blind set up of a field of soy for the last three weeks- yesterday we decided we didn't like that spot, so we took it down to move to a new area. Checked the cam in the area we thought the blind should go. NO pics. Ground blind is now left at a base of a tree not set up! Indecision sucks at this time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a nice dinner with all 3 kids last night, youngest being 22. Stocking up on kindling for the fire-pit. Bought a new 6-8 cup peculator, not that the old one is bad but its smaller good for 2-3 cups, so If i want 2 solid cups before I hit the trail -and- fill the stanley well I'd have to brew two rounds. Enough of that.