black powder put away

heatmizzer

Well i cant take it. I have a brand new bow that I love. Hunted all bow season without a shooter in range. I just would rather shoot a deer with my New Breed Genetix then a gun. so tonight it back to the bow. I know I will have a 150 class buck doing a dance at 60 yards. thats ok. i think?

I think that is illegal. You need to choose which implement and take it. I may be wrong, but I know during ml and archery season here when they run together, it is illegal.

What page in the Regs Booklet is that on ?  ::) ... ;D ... ;D ... ;D

Lol it isnt in the book that I know of. I was just quoting what a dec officer told me when I asked about my bow and ml together during the week both seasons are open here in the north.  He said absolutely not.  But he was the same one who said you can carry field tips and broadheads. I guess he doenst like me as well as I thought.  I would ask before I did is all.  I guess you make up your mind which you want to use and use it. If it doesn't work out oh well it is hunting. Could you really imagine lugging all needed for both and getting it all set up? You may as well stay home. I choose my ml for most of regular season.  If a deer is out of range of it, but the 25-06 would have done it, I made a bad choice.  Next time I bring the 25. 

of Taking  It is unlawful to:

•  
  • Take big game while the deer or bear is in water.

• Possess a firearm of any description when bowhunting or when accompanying a person bowhunting during special archery seasons.

• Make, set or use a salt lick on land inhabited by deer or bear.

I knew I had read this before in the manner of taking section.

I am sticking only with my bow. passed on a fat little 4 pt. at 10 yards and several doe. But I think fasteddie is right I think you could have both. question? could you have a black powder and a shot gun? kinda the same deal I think yes. dont know why you would but just a thought.

I had called the DEC about using decoys several years ago . I told the DEC officer that I didn't see anything in the Regs book saying it was legal to use decoys . He got pissy and snapped back , "if it doesn't say it's illegal in the Regulations , then it is legal" ! Soooooo , in light of that , I believe it would be legal to have both bow and gun during gun season .

It's kind of a moot point as I wouldn't want to draw a bow in 20 degree weather especially being dressed for the cold weather in bulky clothes .

That was my point - it's not gun season. It is regular season and if you are afield with a bow you are bow hunting. Using that logic it would then be illegal to also carry a gun. I think it's stupid myself but I guess it clears up any confusion during the special archery season if someone decides to turkey hunt and deer hunt on the same day.

I once asked the DEC why i could not use two hooks while steelhead fishing in the winter time if they were under a certain size. My example was a couple of egg or nymph patterns size 12 or smaller. His response was that it removes doubt and confusion by just making the law a single hook 10/15 - 3/31 perhaps the same logic is used in this case.