Burm's 2014 Journal / Tails

burmjohn

• 4 weeks later...

So here is the story. I'm in the wood tower stand I built two years ago. It overlooks a few ridges and has pretty good views. To my right there are pines and the deer seem to always travel out of the pines then take one of the ridges. So I hear some noises and see a doe running from a 4 ptr and then I saw a big body deeper in the pines but couldn't see a rack. All of an sudden the big one runs out and chases the 4. I still couldn't get a clean look at the rack.

They ran off down the mountain a bit out of view. I was kind of upset I couldn't do a rack check on it. Then 15 min later in see a doe on the ridge. Had the scope on her then I saw a nice rack pop up and disappear. So another 5min passes by and the 4 ptr came back. Well the 8 pointer didn't like that and showed his face again. I heard some stomping and then the 8 popped out at 80 yards out broadside. And that's that! First buck in a long time, well worth the wait!

• Like 2