Some Low-life

fasteddie

Just not to respectful to the landowner, to use any type of screw into the tree steps. Better to treat the landowners land like your own or abide by the rules of public (state) land. Maintaining a good relatioship with the land owner will go a long way in insuring you have a place to hunt in the future.

I have had land owners that didn't care and others that just ask that screw ins were not use in marketable hardwood trees. Example: beech was ok to use them in but maple and oak was not)

• Like 1

My two cents....  First off, sorry about this....  I say sorry so you know there are still some of us out there that realize how ridiculously dangerous and low this is.  I have mentioned this before; it's probably the number one single reason My Brother and I decided to buy our own property (25acres).  I still worry about my stands, cameras, travel trailer, etc.

However, everyone brings up good points.  Make sure it's not a party already granted permission, it doesn't justify what they did.  If I had to wager, I would bet it's a nearby landowner that has the property boundaries confused or someone they have granted permission to.  The reason I'm leaning this way, what audacity would it take to post property that isn't theirs.  They MUST realize you are going to cross paths in the upcoming weeks.........And if my assumption is correct, you may want to consider a new hunting place.  You don't want to get involved with someone that stoops to this level.  How hostile could this end up giving.!!! 

Hunting is fun, relaxing and about good camaraderie!  You and your son should be looking over your shoulder for that next memorable buck, not because you're on edge!  I wish you the best...  Sincerely....

Its hard to say what happened here but I would lean with other hunters who do not have permission who are trying to intimidate you out of the area. They may figure you don't have permission either so if they try and act like they know what they are doing you will leave.

Does the landowner have the property posted? If not this is one of another reason to post your property that has nothing to do with hunting. One way or another - people will play games with unposted property be it real estate scams or hunting related. I have lived through both.

If it were me - I would turn this in to an opportunity and write a letter to several of the parcel owners around where this happened. Explain what happened and this is happening. You may end up making new friends that trust you and let you hunt more land.

Had a cam stolen this week Free trail cams for scumbags just put them out in the woods they will find them trust me lock box or not they will get them. Health care housing food cell phones transportation internet all free from government so they think anything is free. Don't worry you useless waist of time and space us hard working honest people supporting our family's with 0,s in the bank account after bills each week don't mind supporting you and your theft habits in fact we encourage it go ahead steal our stuff we need more targets walking around

I posted in another thread on this same sort of thing. Back in '92 I had a stand stolen, but that was my own fault. I was hunting the Charleston State Forest and took my rope and 2x4 wedges down. It had gotten dark, so I thought it would be ok for the lousy few hours untill I was back in it. Nope, it was gone at 5AM the next morning. This one I blame on myself. I was stupid to have left it there.

In '93, I had another stand "LOST" in Summit on private land. It was the last time I ever left my stand in a tree.

I hate a thief! But what I hate more is anyone who would purposely cut or damage things to cause someone else to get hurt, or worse, die.

Sorry this $jit happed dude. I hope you find the pesron/s and give them a proper "Well HOW DO YOU DO".

Edited by CyanideRob