I hope Momma was was around.

First-light

Just now, blackbeltbill said:

D@#! Opportunists..  Hope Mom came Sprinting in .

Yeah these two picts were the only ones. Usually she will have three cubs. At that spot there really isn't any trees to climb. That cub would of had to run 25-30 yards. I went back today and put the cards back in. Last night was the first night in a while that I heard yotes. 

• Like 2

You have some really amazing trail cam shots there!  I think it's a one in a million shot to capture coyotes with a bear cub meeting right in front of your trail camera.  With your description of the set up and the proximity of the yotes, I feel bad for the cub, but maybe mama was about to charge in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

You have some really amazing trail cam shots there!  I think it's a one in a million shot to capture coyotes with a bear cub meeting right in front of your trail camera.  With your description of the set up and the proximity of the yotes, I feel bad for the cub, but maybe mama was about to charge in.

I hope so. Yotes are pretty big I'm sure she had her hands full. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Was there any sign of a struggle ? Any fur , blood , anything ? 

I went back the next day and looked around. Had my two dogs with me also. They would of smelled something. I did not see a thing. 

22 hours ago, grampy said:

Bear cubs will not often be very far from the mother bear. One cry from that cub, will bring her running fast! I hope that was the outcome of that awesome trail cam picture!!

The Sow Crossing the road was very big!

• Like 1