Gun broker.com

Tughill Tamer

I use them all the time especially for hard to get stuff. In these days of jumping through hoops when purchasing firearms related items transactions are pretty straight forward and not too bad. Good experiences so far.

I just purchased a Thompson Center Encore action, the pain in the ass part was when I had to do the paperwork when I picked it up from my FFL. About 45 minutes of crap plus extra fees.

Al

• Like 1

I have bought and sold on GB hundreds of times over the last 10 or so years.  Never had a really bad experience.  Some sellers are jerks, but you can see that when you check their feedback prior to bidding.  I've gotten some really good deals on guns, ammo and scopes on the site.  Recently the law was changed so you have to pay sales tax on things you buy on the site now, which sucks.  I bought some guns for thousands of dollars and was glad no sales tax was charged.  But the govt eventually ends all good things.  Ask a lot of questions prior to bidding to confirm what you're buying is what you want.  If the price you bid plus shipping and tax is a good price for you, and you have determined the item is as the seller claims, you will be satisfied with the deal.  GB is often the only place you will find a hard-to-find item too.

• Like 4

I should also mention when you sell things on GB you are hitting the largest possible audience for guns and hunting stuff.  You can literally expect thousands of people to see what you are selling, and that can only help you sell it fast and for the best possible price. 

I once sold a 10 round magazine for a bolt action Styer SSG 69 in .308 on GB.  The rifles usually only have 5 round mags and this one came with the rifle when I bought it from a friend.  Turns out they are rarer than hen's teeth and haven't been made for years. Anyone who was ever looking for one was probably feeling blessed to have found one for sale.  It sold for $325 and it was made out of plastic.

I have sold .325 WSM ammo on the site and gotten $80 per 20 round box and the buyers were thanking me with much gratitude because they couldn't find it anywhere else.

GB is a tool that can work to your benefit, if you learn how to use it intelligently.  I think taking the time to do so is well worth it.

• Like 3