Ammunition and Gunpowder Prices Are About to Get Even Steeper in 2024

Vista Outdoor, a parent company of over three dozen companies, including several in the firearms industry, sent a letter to its distributors and dealers that prices of ammunition and gunpowder will be rising significantly.

https://redstate.com/mdempsey/2023/12/04/ammunition-and-gunpowder-prices-are-about-to-rise-even-higher-in-2024-n2167144

• Sad 1

What this does is just make it ever more harder to get your ammo and especially ammo that is not popular and a big seller. I have protected myself from this crap, it is the up and coming folks that are just getting into hunting that this affects especially hard. Try to find ammo for grandpa's 257 Roberts he left you. Hard to find and when you do the prices are crazy, has to be discouraging.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This kind of stuff is the reason so many people hoard ammo and ammo components. I used to get irritated at people hoarding this stuff, but now I am beginning to understand why they do it.

• Like 1

The good news at my advanced age is that I have a lifetime supply of ammo and bullet making supplies for each of my guns. So, I am insulated from all of this nonsense. My only advice is to stock up on bullet making components (at any price) and kiss those price-gougers good-bye. Apparently, these prices are going to be rising forever, so buy now wherever you can and get enough. The guys I feel sorry for are the target shooters who go through tons of bullet building components.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for my kids and grand kids who will have to suffer with this crap because the older generations of shooters let this happen all the while denying it would ever happen.  Too many shooters were never in this fight.  Too many kept voting for the clowns that are making these laws and causing these prices.  Too many never paid any attention to any of it.

“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

― Plato

21 hours ago, Grouse said:

I feel sorry for my kids and grand kids who will have to suffer with this crap because the older generations of shooters let this happen all the while denying it would ever happen.  Too many shooters were never in this fight.  Too many kept voting for the clowns that are making these laws and causing these prices.  Too many never paid any attention to any of it.

“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

― Plato

I too feel sorry for the grandchildren and beyond for more reasons than just the cost of ammo. And I have no reason to believe that future generations will be any more vigilant than we were in terms of safeguarding the original content of our system of government and the benefits that we have enjoyed. The apathy that afflicts our citizens has been going on a lot longer than just our generation. The spirit of the great experiment in democracy has been eroding almost from the day it began. There is a slow evolution that our country has been experiencing, and that evolution picks up pace as each new generation takes control. The cost and availability and the excessive regulation of ammo and components is only one very tiny part and indicator of this evolution that is getting more and more obvious every day.

Can it be reversed? Probably not. I don't believe that it is in the human will and nature of the majority to reverse it.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I too feel sorry for the grandchildren and beyond for more reasons than just the cost of ammo. And I have no reason to believe that future generations will be any more vigilant than we were in terms of safeguarding the original content of our system of government and the benefits that we have enjoyed. The apathy that afflicts our citizens has been going on a lot longer than just our generation. The spirit of the great experiment in democracy has been eroding almost from the day it began. There is a slow evolution that our country has been experiencing, and that evolution picks up pace as each new generation takes control. The cost and availability and the excessive regulation of ammo and components is only one very tiny part and indicator of this evolution that is getting more and more obvious every day.

Can it be reversed? Probably not. I don't believe that it is in the human will and nature of the majority to reverse it.

If I recall correctly, the American Revolution was fought by about 10% of the population.  Today, that's about the amount of the population that won't live on it's knees.  Things just haven't gotten bad enough yet for people to feel they have nothing to lose.  I'm pretty sure we will not be able to vote our way out of this mess. When things get so bad people feel they have nothing to lose, we may finally find the courage to revolt and reverse this situation.

Let's hope it never gets to that stage. Our old hunting rifles won't really stand up too well against missiles and such.......lol.

No, I think we will more likely get "nickel and dimed" to death to the point where we won't even know what happened. Just activities, rights, freedoms will be gone, and we won't even realize it or even know why. I look around today and I have to say that this generation does not have the same spirit and backbone as those people the revolutionary war days.

• Like 1