On Behalf Of Everyone

It has been two years since we lost our house due to fire. Since that time the insurance company has given us nothing but grief and we still have not received payment for the amount of coverage we are entitled to and paid for.

That being said we have found NUMEROUS people that have had the same or worse experiences.  Insurance companies across the state are not paying claims or not paying claims in a timely matter.

Through this process we have discovered there was a bill introduced in 2021 that would give policy holders a way to dispute. We are trying to get this bill moving and hopefully passed so EVERYONE in the state would have a voice if something should occur.

I encourage you to read and support Senate Bill S6813A/S1797:  NY State Senate Bill 2023-S1797 (nysenate.gov)

There is an identical bill in the assembly: A7285A: NY State Assembly Bill 2021-A7285A (nysenate.gov).

I can provide contact info. if necessary.

• Like 1

Yes Doc we have. We have been in litigation now for over 7 months.

Unfortunately, insurance companies have no one to answer to so they can drag it out as long as they want to.

No laws to protect policy holders and people all over the state are getting boned.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

By the way, who is the insurer so we don't do business with them?

It is not just our company but we are finding out ours is one of the worst. New Yor Central Mutal Fire Insurance Company better known as NYCM.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Hang in there and good luck with your case, and the new bill. It sounds like you are doing all that you can.

After a zoom meeting yesterday with several individuals and a senate representative we discovered the primary reason the bills have not been advanced is because lobbyist for the insurance companies have been lobbying against them.

That means a portion of all of our premiums are being used to pay lobbyist to fight against laws that would help the insured.  So basically, we are paying them to stick it to us.

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:16 PM, Moho81 said:

My god I can't believe you are still dealing with this after 2 years! 

I couldn't explain what it is like without tying up the entire forum. Sad part is... it isn't just us. All across the state people are getting boned by their insurance companies on a regular basis. I and others are trying the best we can to get these bills moving and passed into law as soon as possible. Unfortunately, our lawmakers don't feel an urgency on this issue or many other issues that would benefit the common person.

Sad state of affairs:angry:

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

My Insurance Company while we are still trying to collect the covered amount of our policy two years later and counting:                                Posted 2/10/24

We were proud to *kick-off* our 125th anniversary this weekend at our annual employee retreat!

nycm.thumb.jpg.492c4228335525ab8ccbe02b05d9f828.jpg