Finger Lakes Fishing guides

Doc

I'm thinking of booking a guide for a half-day fishing trip on Seneca or Canandaigua Lakes this coming summer. Are these guys really worth the money they charge? Anybody had any experience with these kinds of charter fishing trips on these two lakes?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on two charters in NY. One was on Oneida for Walleye and the other was on Canandaigua for trout. Both trips were a good time and we caught fish.

Are they worth the price?? Good question but when you figure the cost of their boat, fuel, equipment, insurances, time, etc. it is probably less expensive than buying your own boat and equipment.

When I owned my own boat we could fish for hours multiple days and never catch a thing. We limited out on both of our four hr. trips and all we had to do was show up on time and reel in the fish. On the walleye charter the guide even filleted the fish and packaged them for us. :yes:.

I used this guy on Canandaigua Lake and can vouch for his ability. Last I knew he was only doing his charters on the south end of the lake but has since added Lake Ontario. Good guy to deal with.

Meet Captain Dave Wolinski: Lake Ontario's Master (valleyoftheshadowfishingcharters.com)

Walleye caught on Oneida on a 4 hour charter:

IMG_20210609_115722.thumb.jpg.8515d13d5c87dac666cde58aebef5d43.jpg