Boating license for all in 2025

luberhill

• Persons may rent and operate a motorboat from a livery without first obtaining a boating safety certificate. Staff at the livery must provide basic instruction and safety information before you depart the dock.
  •  
  • Haha 1

Brianna’s Law, named after Brianna Lieneck, an 11-year-old girl who tragically lost her life in a boating accident in 2005, is a significant piece of legislation in New York State. Let me break it down for you:

1. Purpose: Brianna’s Law aims to enhance boater safety by requiring education and certification for powerboat operators.

2. Boater Safety Course Requirement:

• Technically, no license is required to operate a boat for recreational purposes in New York State.
    • However, all power boaters, including those operating sailing vessels with auxiliary power, must complete a boater safety course.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, caribou said:
  • Persons may rent and operate a motorboat from a livery without first obtaining a boating safety certificate. Staff at the livery must provide basic instruction and safety information before you depart the dock.
  •  

Yup that’s what I said in my post , doesnt make sense 

38 minutes ago, caribou said:

Brianna’s Law, named after Brianna Lieneck, an 11-year-old girl who tragically lost her life in a boating accident in 2005, is a significant piece of legislation in New York State. Let me break it down for you:

1. Purpose: Brianna’s Law aims to enhance boater safety by requiring education and certification for powerboat operators.

2. Boater Safety Course Requirement:

• Technically, no license is required to operate a boat for recreational purposes in New York State.
    • However, all power boaters, including those operating sailing vessels with auxiliary power, must complete a boater safety course.

Yup takes hours to do online , I did it yesterday . Scored 98 

Its a series of different like 50 page study pages for like 6 or 7 different category's

Then a 10 question test at the end of every section  

To operate a motorized boat should have required a license years ago. Anything curved to lower the accident rate, I'm all in favor of. Of course, the law fell way short , as typical in New York. 

Now, what are they going to do about 33 percent of all boating deaths are alcohol related? Just pass a law making the alcohol to go. Makes as much sense as the non license requirement for recreational boating.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter