Unique winter fishing opportunities

Doc

So as I was feeling sorry for the ice fishermen who have had so little ice this year, it occurred to me that there has to have been some bonus open water fishing available for those hearty souls who have dressed up warm and got out into the lakes and streams. Has anyone here taken advantage of the mild winter this year? Any luck with the winter fishing opportunities?

We used to love to go to Sampson state park on Seneca, and fish off the wall for northerns and trout. I was really hoping to get there this year, but havent due to way too much work prepping our house for sale. 

I drove by Fish Creek a couple of times last week, it is one of the main tributaries of Oneida Lake and has a good spawning run of Walleyes in the spring. Usually they are in the creek in late April but because of this warm weather word must be out they are running early because there were a bunch of fishermen lined up on the banks fishing for them. Usually this time of the year the water is high and there is snow on the ground, and by time the fish get in the creek the season is closed March 15.

Al