Remy 7600. Any feed back?

eagle rider

He went with the Vortex Crossfire II.  He liked mine on my 7400.  I was hoping he'd go with the Burris Droptine, but Dicks has a great price on the Vortex prices and the glass is super quality.  I think it was $150 and they had a 20% off thing he found on line.  The final price was like $120.  He did well with it.  Not bad for moving a sub panel and installing a 220 line.  

• Like 1

I'd say it was a good barter deal.  It appears to be like new.  The 7600 should be more accurate than the semi-auto version.  Every 760 or 7600 I've seen shoot was very accurate.  And like you say, being a pump gun, he can use it in PA as well as not caring what King Andy may do down the line in NY with semi auto rifles.

I like a 2x7 scope for hunting under 200 yards myself, but that 3x9 looks to be a good option for the money.  I assume you used Loc-Tite on the bases too, right?

No the one in the box was wood. The guy had two. My son elected to take this one because he was able to eek another $100 cash in the job by foregoing the engraving. He didn't care about engraving in the end. Didn't know that was happening until it landed in the house. Not sure if it was a bait and switch but he did well in the end both ways. We Lock Tited the base down like y'all recommended. His girlfriends dad has land in PA that backs upto to state game land so I think he's gonna do well with the pump gun. He's taking it to the range on Fri to zero it in. Nothing like last minute. But he's working hard so I can't complain too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

found a guy in PA who cleans up the crappy triggers in 7600 and 7400's.  I sent him my 7400 trigger a couple of weeks ago.  4 day turn around.  He took the creep out, set the trigger break to 3 pounds down from 6 and put a set screw in to take out the over travel.  I will send him the 7600 trigger next week.  Made a huge difference in the feel on the 7400.

As a side note, anyone that has a 760 or 7600 that the fore-end rattles have the "action tube ring" replaced. It's just a little ring that slides on the tube when you pump it.  I bought my 760 new back in 70-71 and in about 4-5 years started rattling, took it to a gunsmith and that's what he replaced, been fine ever since. Same with my son's 7600, after a few years started to rattle, told him what to do and his has been good.

jeez.... must be that obvious the triggers on these guns are horrid! haha I think it's the only thing holding back my dad's 7600 I've used countless times. you learn to live with it but it'd like to know the contact info too.

I can live with mine, but if I can improve it for a decent price I will