Is Ozonics worth it?

JusTheUsual

This is what the current Ozonics AT thread looks like:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2345261

It's always going to be the same, a couple of people with post anecdotal evidence based on limited data points, and then you will get a larger portion posting scientific testing that proves it can't work as stated.

Then you get retaliatory posts from people who don't want to admit they wasted $$$.

The end.

The part I find interesting is that people who use them and have killed a deer claim they work. But everyday plenty of deer are shot without them. There really is no way of knowing if that deer would not have presented a shot without ozonics. So I'm not sure we will ever have an end to the debate.

• Like 1

I have had my hunting buddies drop huge bucks sitting on a log smoking a cigarette, Back in 2005 I shot a nice 8 pt while eating a double chocolate muffin and drinking hot coco, it walked out of the thicket straight to my stand. The only scent control I use is rubbing some fresh pine on my hunting clothes the morning I go out. Been hunting for close to 40 yrs, never been skunked yet. 

The part I find interesting is that people who use them and have killed a deer claim they work. But everyday plenty of deer are shot without them. There really is no way of knowing if that deer would not have presented a shot without ozonics. So I'm not sure we will ever have an end to the debate.

That is the best kind of product to sell!! One that can not be determined if it works or not.

So Pickle does not get more riled up, I have not used one. The science suggests in theory in a closed environment this might work. In the outdoor environment with wind blowing this little machine somehow grabs up any scent particle coming off your body head to toe and bonds the ozone particle before it blows off. Hmmmm if you believe that well God bless ya.

If it sounds good to you and you like it is all that matters and the Brooklyn Bridge Sales department would like your contact information.

Peace

• Like 1

I would suggest buying a cheaper ozone unit that runs off of 110V to try in your hunting closet/clothing tub. Try it out and see what kinds of results you get. $50-$60 instead of $400.

I keep waiting for another company to come out with a portable one for cheaper.

Vector

I would suggest buying a cheaper ozone unit that runs off of 110V to try in your hunting closet/clothing tub. Try it out and see what kinds of results you get. $50-$60 instead of $400.

Vector

It will work great in that example because you are enclosing the ozone in contact with the odors giving it the exposure needed to work. Not the intended use of ozonics.

To use as intended, dump the clothes outdoor in a pile with a breeze and let the unit run nearby.

I was just meaning that ozone replacement for scent control on your clothes and equipment is very effective, and a 110V unit for that use is pretty cheap.

It seems some think ozone period is a gimmick. Its been used for a long time in the medical/hospital industry.

Vector