Really Cuomo again

Made you think...what?

That someone might:

1) Cruise the voter rolls checking for an inconsistent off year voting pattern of an active voter their own sex. 

2) And approximately their own age.

3) Show up at said persons polling place, hope they get a poll worker who doesn't give a crap that your chicken scratch looks nothing like the signature on file.

4) Hope that said person has not voted already.

5) Hope that said person does not show up to vote later on and start a voter fraud investigation.

Then repeat that a few hundred (thousand?) times so that they can have a statistical impact.

Sounds logical.

While it isn't difficult to do in person I think it is a much higher likelihood to see it utilized in early or absentee balloting. The cases you posted were using numbers of known fraud. you honestly don't think it goes on. With the unexpected close race up ere with Louise Slaughter I sure wish a few Republicans has tossed a couple hundred votes that way. We are currently sitting with 600 vote difference and 2800 absentee ballots.

Made you think...what?

That someone might:

1) Cruise the voter rolls checking for an inconsistent off year voting pattern of an active voter their own sex. I can find voters registered that haven't voted in years.

2) And approximately their own age. why is this necessary?

3) Show up at said persons polling place, hope they get a poll worker who doesn't give a crap that your chicken scratch looks nothing like the signature on file. They don't even look. My signature looks nothing now like it does in the voters log

4) Hope that said person has not voted already. 30 some % turn out and many that are registered and never vote or haven't voted in years.

5) Hope that said person does not show up to vote later on and start a voter fraud investigation.

Then repeat that a few hundred (thousand?) times so that they can have a statistical impact.

Sounds logical.

ID is not required, but it should be. 

Why?

To fight against a problem that doesn't exist, in person voter fraud? (The answer you say at the press conference.)

Or maybe to suppress the voting rights of people who don't historically vote the way you vote? (The answer you joke about with your buddies.)

Why?

To fight against a problem that doesn't exist, in person voter fraud? (The answer you say at the press conference.)

Or maybe to suppress the voting rights of people who don't historically vote the way you vote? (The answer you joke about with your buddies.)

Plain and simple. It is a right, reserved for citizens. Prove it or stay home.

1) Cruise the voter rolls checking for an inconsistent off year voting pattern of an active voter their own sex. I can find voters registered that haven't voted in years.

2) And approximately their own age. why is this necessary?

3) Show up at said persons polling place, hope they get a poll worker who doesn't give a crap that your chicken scratch looks nothing like the signature on file. They don't even look. My signature looks nothing now like it does in the voters log

4) Hope that said person has not voted already. 30 some % turn out and many that are registered and never vote or haven't voted in years.

Sounds logical.

1) True - it's harder than one would think to remove someone from a voter roll, even when the BoE is actively trying to trim names to save money on mailings.  

2) It is necessary because your DoB is on the poll book.  NYC also puts the actual age number there too so poll workers don't even have to do the math.  

3) Depends on the poll worker.  I'm sure some don't look.  I know others do.  Are you going to take that chance for a felony voter fraud charge?

4) Again, yes, odds are you right, but the risk/reward just isn't there.

I'm not saying it is impossible to do, the main point is the line you ignored, which I've taken the liberty of emphasizing this time around.  It is not done, because it is not worth doing.  

EDIT: I want to add, these are facts and opinions are based on the NYC Board of Elections, your county may do things differently, but I've noticed this forum usually blames the city for everything, so I'm using it as a basis.  ;)

Edited by Sogaard

Plain and simple. It is a right, reserved for citizens. Prove it or stay home.

You can't register to vote unless you are a citizen.  You proved that when you registered.  Why should I have to prove it every year? 

Or is this about in-person voter fraud again.   :)

Edited by Sogaard

I'll put this in terms you can relate to:

You buy a rifle.  You go through a background check and pass.  You are then allowed to buy ammo whenever you want to. You find the thought of subsequent background checks every time you want to buy ammo offensive.

Discuss.

I'll put this in terms you can relate to:

You buy a rifle.  You go through a background check and pass.  You are then allowed to buy ammo whenever you want to. You find the thought of subsequent background checks every time you want to buy ammo offensive.

Discuss.

Your assertion is absolutely not true under current law. every ammo purchase will require a background check. To me my pistol permit that required a background check should be adequate for me to show and walk out with a gun (If I had a felony I would not longer have it) and the shouldn't have to show id to purchase ammo unless to verify age.

Let me toss it back. Can you purchase a gun and not be a citizen?

Before this crazy tangent goes any further:

I agree, only citizens of the United States should vote (obviously).  

We can't even get the people who should be voting to go to a poll site and cast a ballot, how many non-citizens do you think their are willing to face jail time and deportation just to cast one?

Before this crazy tangent goes any further:

I agree, only citizens of the United States should vote (obviously).  

We can't even get the people who should be voting to go to a poll site and cast a ballot, how many non-citizens do you think their are willing to face jail time and deportation just to cast one?

I don't know. How many cross the boarder and risk the same?

Sure doesn't sound like you would support a simple ID verification for that. But If I recall correctly you don't have an issue requiring an ID and background checks for other rights.

SO how the hell do they know it is YOU

I give up.

You guys win.  All those votes for Cuomo we actually  12 illegal immigrants in a grand conspiracy, doing something that has been over and over again been proven not to happen anywhere in the country in a statistically significant volume:

In-person voter fraud.   :banghead:

Edited by Sogaard

Nobody said that but the government with climb over themselves to make US prove who we are 6 ways from Sunday for any number of reasons. I really doubt it happens that much at all in person and there is no way to verify an absentee ballot. But I feel if I have to jump through hoops them bring everyone to the circus

For a party that preaches saving money and small government, the Republicans sure seem to want to spend millions to solve this problem that doesn't exist.

Wonder why?  :rolleyes:

You need ID proof  to purchase a gun. No lib's crying it is too expensive for the little guy or it is discriminatory practice to exercise that right.

You are probably all for state funded tuition for illegal immigrant too?

How about the tuition for prisoners?

PS, not funding required, I had to pay for my ID

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I don't know. How many cross the boarder and risk the same?

Sure doesn't sound like you would support a simple ID verification for that. But If I recall correctly you don't have an issue requiring an ID and background checks for other rights.

You don't see the risk/reward being "slightly" higher in your scenario?

You need ID proof  to purchase a gun. No lib's crying it is too expensive for the little guy or it is discriminatory practice to exercise that right.

You are probably all for state funded tuition for illegal immigrant too?  If they are illegal and not paying taxes? Nope.

How about the tuition for prisoners?  I have lots of opinions about our prison system that would take way to long to get into...but the short version would be, unless you want life long criminals, you should do everything you can to prepare and help a convict to join regular society.  I do not see a problem with GED and even college levels programs being offered in prison if it helps rehabilitate someone.  Please don't get me started on "for profit" private prisons.  :)

PS, not funding required, I had to pay for my ID