Really Cuomo again

The sad part is there is a large percentage of gun owners, hunters, target shooters ect who either did not vote or think Andy is doing a good job and voted for him again. They think the Safe Act doesn't pertain to them. I've talked to a few of them myself. They are not worried about the NY high taxes, some of the highest gas prices in the nation, the corruption and a slew of other issues is a concern. No need to change a thing.

It's a free country, vote how you wish,  but I don't get it.

"...we are being ruled not Governed." Thanks for that Huntscreek!!! You nailed it!!!

Pretty clear from various red/blue maps of the voting in NY: property owners don't count. Urbanites, academics and a handful of hippies decide how we'll live.

I'm loading ammo for a couple more hours, then I'll drink beer 'til I fall asleep. A sad day for NY.

sure he did, he said he would get rid of the safe act

but if you read any of the articles his top 3 issues do not mention guns. They were reducing taxes, becoming more business friendly and getting rid of common core.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like guns. I own guns. I believe in the constitution and do not like, support or agree with the safe act. I'm registered republican and have always voted that way.

BUT, If I'm looking at this election, my concerns are with the taxes and anti-business mindset of the state of NY. Guns are on the list, but much further down. I moved out of NY in January of this year. I headed south like so many New Yorkers have because of the lack of career growth opportunities in the area. The taxes in most other states are a fraction of what they are, the cost of living is much cheaper and there are more jobs. That should be your concern when you vote. NY is the last in the country for being business friendly. If it wasn't for a great health care network, good schools and universities and a huge metropolis of a city there would be no reason to live in NY. The population of NY has been shrinking for over 60 years as a result of this style of management. Businesses and factories are closing. Heck, your largest employer in a once booming city of Rochester is a grocery store and a University. That's embarrassing.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

How many of those hood rats in the city that voted the blue are even eligible to vote? We need election reform in this state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol.

1. hood rats dont vote anyhow. If they did this would have been worse.

2. you can't vote without being registered. Don't be silly.

It's a shame less then 50% of people vote though. And I agree, join the NRA and donate as well.

about 31% of ACTIVE registered voters voted this election.  about half of registered, active, Republican voters actually voted.  If they all or a majority did he would've won.  if more of upstate actually voted Astorino would've won... regardless of buffalo, Syracuse, and NYC.  the numbers are there the voters weren't.

• Like 1

You can't vote under your name but it would be soooooooo easy to vote under someone else's or numerous else's. very easy

No, it's not.

Cases of in-person voter fraud are very, very rare.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/10/13/the-disconnect-between-voter-id-laws-and-voter-fraud/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/29/voter-fraud-wisconsin_n_5235466.html

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2012/sep/19/naacp/-person-voter-fraud-very-rare-phenomenon/

http://votingrights.news21.com/article/election-fraud/

http://truth-out.org/news/item/10981-new-nationwide-study-of-election-fraud-since-2000-finds-just-10-cases-of-in-person-voter-fraud

I could keep listing more examples where this has been studied, but you can just google it if you're that interested.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

It all comes down to fracking. Astorino was for it, and Cuomo is on the fence and has delayed it. I am in Tompkins County almost every day, and the no fracking signs is unreal, and now they are moving to Schyuler County  and protesting a LP Gas storage facility in the salt mines in Watkins Glen. You have this group of Anti Frackers that have big money donors behind them (Parks Foundation), and preach their beliefs on the Collage students in Ithaca, and most of them are from downstate so they go back and tell of the horror story's they hear. I believe this election was lost because of the fracking issue. If you drive Rt 414 to Watkins Glen all you see is these Anti LP Gas signs. It makes the area look like there is something wrong with the area.

I disagree. Let me give you an example. No ID required. I can check voter rolls of registered voters and find out easily if they voted in previous elections. A signature that isn't even looked at. All the info is right out there if you want to look for it.

We don't know how many of the people who didn't vote were gun owners so we can't realy say not enough gun owners voted. Even if all gun owners voted against him he would have still won with the votes from NYC. I voted knowing full well he would win. The larger area of the state voted him out yet because of the many who live in smaller portions by that I mean the city he won. We will never get back or keep our rights in this country by voteing. History has shown that. History has shown us that from time to time those who who have been given the power to govern us need to be reminded that we gave them that power and we can take it away. They are attacking the 2nd amendment because that gives the means to take that power away. Voting does show them we are not taking there crap anymore force does. We need to fight back not vote back.

They do what they want when they want how do we know for sure the numbers came out the way they say they did? Could be the numbers are what they want them to be so we just sit back and say shucks we lot again. Obama won or so they say and we say how is that look at the colors on the map Cuomo wins and we say the same thing. Aslong as we let them have the power they can always make things look like they won even though they are the smallest portion of the population and keep there power. If all we do is vote they can manipulate that but fighting back in something they can't control. Not that it would happen we as a people are content to be told what we can and can't do by a few who think they are above us

• Like 1

I believe this election was lost because of the fracking issue. If you drive Rt 414 to Watkins Glen all you see is these Anti LP Gas signs. It makes the area look like there is something wrong with the area.

How do you figure that?  Astorino won the majority of counties upstate, so how did it hurt him?  In NYC fracking is a NON-issue(just as the SAFE act is, too), so it most definitely didn't hurt him there.  He had little hope winning NYC, no matter what he thought of the issue. 

My dad used to goto NYC every weekend for the last 35 years until last year doing farmers markets. He started to see the people that where protesting fracking in our area's down in the City handing out pamlets against fracking. It does not take much to sway the NYC folks saying that in NY allows fracking its going to ruin NYC drinking water as that comes from the Catskills. Its all about showman ship now days. Like Cuomo slamming his fist yelling you don't need 10 bullets to kill a deer. The uninformed in they City agree with him, if they knew anything they would realize that in NY you can only have 5 bullets in your gun to hunt deer. Just look at some of the grants that The Park foundation in Ithaca gives away to the following groups who are against fracking, one in NYC and one in VT to on Anti-Fracking in NY. I found these with just a quick scan of the grants they awarded.

New York Public Interest Research Group Fund

New York, NY

Engage, educate and activate New York City college-age students in NYPIRG's anti-fracking campaign

Commonwise Education, Inc.

Charlotte , VT

American Sustainable Business Council's organizing activities in New York

around shale gas drilling concerns

http://www.parkfoundation.org/search.php?coding=group&group=2013&title=2013%20Grants

I disagree. Let me give you an example. No ID required. I can check voter rolls of registered voters and find out easily if they voted in previous elections. A signature that isn't even looked at. All the info is right out there if you want to look for it.

You can disagree all you want, like Ozonics, I'll stick to believing the results of actual studies.

And even if you are right, it might not be the hardest thing in the world for one person to pretend to be one other person and vote as them.  However, what does that accomplish?  What is the risk/reward? A felony -vs- most likely making no statistical impact on an election?  The volume that would have to happen to actually impact a race is ridiculous.

Edited by Sogaard

Made you think...what?

That someone might:

1) Cruise the voter rolls checking for an inconsistent off year voting pattern of an active voter their own sex. 

2) And approximately their own age.

3) Show up at said persons polling place, hope they get a poll worker who doesn't give a crap that your chicken scratch looks nothing like the signature on file.

4) Hope that said person has not voted already.

5) Hope that said person does not show up to vote later on and start a voter fraud investigation.

Then repeat that a few hundred (thousand?) times so that they can have a statistical impact.

Sounds logical.