Really Cuomo again

Last time I checked, if their weren't employment opportunities here, they wouldn't be crossing. Also, hasn't there been a negative flow across the Mexican border for a couple of years now (I'll have to recheck that statistic though, so an edit might be coming)?

But yeah, for as much as they complain about illegals, citizens sure do like taking advantage of the cheap labor.  Just ask the newly reelected (and indicted) Republican Congressman in the 11th.

Edited by Sogaard

You means besides the anchor baby issue, free medical and free social programs,

Yes, besides that.  Because living on just what social programs, that illegals are eligible for, can provide is not something anyone is aspiring to.  Or do you think it's OK for small business owners / restaurants / farmers to employ illegals to increase profits, so they shouldn't be blamed for enabling the situation you complain about?

Edited by Sogaard

Yes, besides that.  Because living on just what social programs, that illegals are eligible for, can provide is not something anyone is aspiring to.  Or do you think it's OK for small business owners / restaurants / farmers to employ illegals to increase profits, so they shouldn't be blamed for enabling the situation you complain about?

Coming from their lives in the 3rd world chit hole of Mexico and points south I would be willing to bet it is far better. And I defy you to find on instance where I support illegals being used. I don't think the should be here period.

Interesting read...a little dated, but it still applies.  This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" topics.

http://www.businessinsider.com/illegal-immigrants-deported-2012-1?op=1

Lose the economic activity already. Notice they didn't offset those numbers by the burden they place. Look at the little graphic in the lower right talking about the children. doesn't that stat scream anchor baby.

No question we lost the big one, but I have yet to go through the  results to see how many of those that voted for the Safe Act got the boot. It could turn out that we actually sent the big message that I was intent on sending. Cuomo can conjure up whatever kinds of anti 2nd Amendment schemes that he wants, but if we did in fact put the fear of God into the senators and assemblymen, he may find his buddies not so eager to vote his way next time. Remember, most senatorial and assemblyman elections were local and not NYC races. So before we all start weeping, let's see how some of these other races turned out.

As for our district, the dems basically went down.

And now I am going to do as I promised a bunch of months ago and send off a letter to O'Brien explaining to him that I voted against him and why. Message to Obrien: Don't mess with our gun rights. It just cost you your job. I think its important that they understand that.

• Like 1

You can't register to vote unless you are a citizen.  You proved that when you registered.  Why should I have to prove it every year? 

Or is this about in-person voter fraud again.   :)

To make sure you're the person signing your name at that voting station... remember laws aren't just made to solve a current problem.. they are also made to combat a future problem. With the large amount of illegals in the country and those coming in every day and with the current surge of politicians sucking up to them... it is a great idea to avoid any future problems.

I remember back when I registered... I filled out the registration form off to the side with nobody present... when I handed it in nobody even checked to see my license or my SS card to make sure the numbers were real.

• Like 1

There are people still listed on the rolls who have died or moved away over ten years ago.  It really doesn't help in reducing voter fraud. 

Old folks seem to work the polls every year.  ID's to verify who you are shouldn't be a bad thing.

Wonder if the state used electorial college style voting by county would have made the difference?

Edited by Two Track

There are people still listed on the rolls who have died or moved away over ten years ago. It really doesn't help in reducing voter fraud.

Old folks seem to work the polls every year. ID's to verify who you are shouldn't be a bad thing.

Wonder if the state used electorial college style voting by county would have made the difference?

Yes ny needs an electoral college. The whole state is red vs nyc and nyc picks the governors.

My dad used to goto NYC every weekend for the last 35 years until last year doing farmers markets. He started to see the people that where protesting fracking in our area's down in the City handing out pamlets against fracking. It does not take much to sway the NYC folks saying that in NY allows fracking its going to ruin NYC drinking water as that comes from the Catskills.

but that's a liberal tree hugger issue, not a pro gun pamphlet.

My dad used to goto NYC every weekend for the last 35 years until last year doing farmers markets. He started to see the people that where protesting fracking in our area's down in the City handing out pamlets against fracking. It does not take much to sway the NYC folks saying that in NY allows fracking its going to ruin NYC drinking water as that comes from the Catskills. Its all about showman ship now days. 

So you really think that Astorino would have won NYC if he was very anti-fracking?  I could tell you that it wouldn't have earned him more than a handful of votes.  The people who voted for Cuomo don't even have a clue of what fracking is.  

To make sure you're the person signing your name at that voting station... remember laws aren't just made to solve a current problem.. they are also made to combat a future problem. With the large amount of illegals in the country and those coming in every day and with the current surge of politicians sucking up to them... it is a great idea to avoid any future problems.

I remember back when I registered... I filled out the registration form off to the side with nobody present... when I handed it in nobody even checked to see my license or my SS card to make sure the numbers were real.

The Board of Elections runs those numbers through either the SS database or the DMV when they register you in their voter database.

Coming from their lives in the 3rd world chit hole of Mexico and points south I would be willing to bet it is far better. And I defy you to find on instance where I support illegals being used. I don't think the should be here period.

I'm not saying you, personally, do.  I'm saying they are here because "we" employ them at much better rates than they can get at home.  How do you blame just them for trying to work here when it us US citizens that create the void they fill?

I had to in essence re-register yesterday since I never changed my address for my voter registration. I filled it out. No ID given and was able to vote right away

No, that is updating your registration information.  That is not the same thing as registering for the first time.

Greed, profit margins, call it what you want.

When you have to pay one person at least minimum wage, and another $6-7 an hour to work in the same kitchen...

But what is creating the void of positions that US workers wont do? We don't have 100% employment. I think the enforcement against employers and the penalties for them are a joke. They need to be heavy enough so it just isn't worth it.

But what is creating the void of positions that US workers wont do? We don't have 100% employment. I think the enforcement against employers and the penalties for them are a joke. They need to be heavy enough so it just isn't worth it.

You won't find me arguing that.

The dirty secret is we like cheap labor because we benefit from it.  We like cheaper construction.  We like cheaper food.

I have a saying, everyone's a libertarian until their water main breaks.  Same rules apply.

The Board of Elections runs those numbers through either the SS database or the DMV when they register you in their voter database.

wouldn't have kept me from voting that day... I would have already cast my ballot by the time they caught it... and if I wasn't who I said I was they wouldn't have remembered what I looked like...damage already done... all avoided by ID's at the voting booth

The dirty secret is we like cheap labor because we benefit from it.  

That pretty much sums it up.  Absolutely NO difference in the parties in regards to illegal immigration.  They BOTH don't want it stopped.  They may not want it stopped for different reasons, but they DON'T want it stopped.  All the talk about stopping it is just lip service as if they are really doing something about it.   It could be stopped very quickly if they wanted to, but the truth is they don't.  Illegals immigrations benefits to the economy outweigh the minuses in the eyes of business and government, thus it won't be stopped.

• Like 1

That pretty much sums it up.  Absolutely NO difference in the parties in regards to illegal immigration.  They BOTH don't want it stopped.  They may not want it stopped for different reasons, but they DON'T want it stopped.  All the talk about stopping it is just lip service as if they are really doing something about it.   It could be stopped very quickly if they wanted to, but the truth is they don't.  Illegals immigrations benefits to the economy outweigh the minuses in the eyes of business and government, thus it won't be stopped.

That's it in a nutshell... they have been saying the same things for 50 years and still nothing has been done to secure the border.... can only mean one thing... they like it just the way it is.