Hunting privleges

Hi guys.  I'm looking to see if any farmers on here would be willing to give me some hunting privileges in exchange for giving them a hand around their land when they need it.  I'd be willing to post land, stack hay, or any form of manual labor.  I'd be happy to follow any rules or guidelines that you may have for people who you allow to hunt on your land.  I'm in Albany county.  If anyone would be ok with me getting rid of a couple deer for you in exchange for some work shoot me a message.  Thanks guys. 

I don't know how many farmers we have here that aren't hunters themselves, but I would really suggest a door to door campaign.

Be super NICE! Follow through on what you tell them you will do! All year, not just the hunting season.

Don't knock on the door wearing your face paint from a hunt. That might just make them think you been on the land already without permission. Take a day and knock, not after or before a hunt. Offer to tell them any days and times you will be hunting. Make sure you give them you vehicle make and model, plate number, and a phone number they can reach you at anytime.

This may sound stupid, but all this might help give them piece of mind. You want them to feel comfy allowing you to hunt the land.

OH! Also ask if anyone else is hunting the land if you get permission. Get names and explain, you want to keep everything peaceful.  Might save you time on having to ask what to do about poachers.

Edited by JustRob

You should be looking for permission months in advance, not right before the season opens or after its already open. Good luck though. Best bet is knock on doors and be prepared to hear alot of no.

I know it's pretty terrible timing, I didn't think I was going to be in the area during the season until very recently. 

It is very unwelcome and very deflating.  i lost my balls knocking on doors along time ago.  As for the farmers-----  There is not  a single farmer I know that does not shoot every deer on his farm under spotlight........

Not one?

:nea:  I doubt that very much.