Manorville or Yaphank

cbx46

Suffolks Parklands are worth hunting in your opinion?? The tech at one bow shop hunts them exclusively, and told me about them, but I already dropped $50 for the state 4X4 permit for Moses, so I didn't pursue it..

Maybe next year if you guys think they're worth it....

I picked Manorville althought a little further by the map, google earth and my topos it looked easier to navigate on foot once there and going in blind that is what I needed.  I saw three groups of 3 does and one lone deer that I couldnt see its head due to cover in just a random spot that i picked in the dark.  Ive never been there before and went for sunup (my only schedule option).  I was pleasntly suprised with my little exploration I did after my sit.  I kicked up a few more deer walking around also.

Is that true you can bring a non-resident I have an uncle Id like to get out there.

Also I was the first guy there and when I left there was two other cars and it was Dec 4th if it was Nov 4th I would think it would be a full house and manditory you get there early evening sits are probably not an option.

Everyone has to be a suffolk resident, I hunt the county lands exclusivly.  I never hunt until mid october when everything calms down, and due to my school scedual I have been getting out in the past week and will more during the next month.  Ive been seeing more deer than I do in october.

Im going to do that this off season right now im just filling the end of the season with some blind trips to feel the place out.  Also doing a lot of computer scouting google earth, topo maps, etc....  How is it during late october - mid to late november jam packed?  I can hunt alot of weekdays so that works in my favor.  Do you have any tick problems during the spring, summer, etc...

I used to use coulston's duranon tick repelent when I hunted westchester years ago worked great just gave the gear a duche last night Im headed there in the morning I was just checking some nice looking spots in otis pike today but that daily permit is a pain in the ass I like to be sitting a little before sunrise not getting a placard.

I dont hunt DEC check in properties for bow after Nov 1, too much hastle..

I'll probably go for the SC Parks permit in the spring so I can scout out over the summer.. If I remember, I  think the office was in Sayville.. I wear my knee high rubber boots when hunting LI, except the Jan gun hunt...