Received some bad news today

Zem18

Memories is what will last Forever!!! These stories are painful to read that bring tears but in the end we have to realize what we had/have and who we learned from. I have lost my father 2 1/2 years ago (60yo) due to lung cancer. He taught me all the ins and outs of hunting. The stories he always had were interesting and funny and one of his favorite ones was that he would always say is that every deer he killed he had a cigarette(wish he quit 30 years ago) in his hand. Many people wouldn't beleive it. My dad was there when I shot my first deer and it was an amazing feeling. I remember I was 18 and ran to him hugged and kissed him out of joy. My last deer I killed was from sitting in his one of his favorite spot. And I had made a recording right after I shot a deer for my dad. I would give anything to go one more time with my dad.  Cherish what you have and appreciate it as much as possible.

Keep the stories coming!!!!

• Like 1

Found out yesterday my dad is planning on going to camp tomorrow even bought new boots. Hopefully he feels good enough in the morning to come out. Sat we are hunting state land so he won't be going far from truck but Sunday I'm brining my quad so he can get to his spot without walking and hopefully that will help. I feel your pain all with dad's with health issues. I've hunted with my dad and uncle sence I can remember and bow have a 4 yr old who we take out for small game before deer opens. I pray for all dad's here and hope you are all able to create more memories with them. Me and my buddy and uncle will be there also and are hoping to drag out his buck for him this weekend...now only if he would stay awake long enough to see something lol....good luck all and prayers all heading toward everyone and their familys

• Like 1