2014/15 trapping harvest thread

Kludes

That sucks for sure to lose a yote ... I highly recommend Iowa earth anchors and drivers for nys conditions I have never had one pulled and most of the time If I want to retrieve it I have to dig it out .. only need 12 inches of cable any more is overkill .. you can carry 24 of them no problem and they don't weigh much you will never use rebar again ...

Yea I've used them I don't like having to dig them out and until this week thought rebar was more than enough....may have to switch back even tho I don't like them....dang...
  • Like 1

Today I had someone stop me and ask me to trap the rats out of there ponds and ditches on there property .. amd continued to give me permission to trap a swamp too what a day hoping 2015 stays like this :)

Edited by Kludes
  • Like 4

9061d158e043eef10b79f82c79501b15.jpg

4 rats today .. too cold for the kiddos today wich was a bummer cause ponds are place u take kids cause your guaranteed rats in bank holes but landowner was extremely happy with me taking 3 today from his place and said keep up the good work

• Like 3

Awesome coon First Light. I have skinned a lot of coons over the years and thought I had treed a bunch of 30+ pounders. I shot out a huge one one night that the hounds treed and I thought it might weigh 40. Instead of skinning it in the woods like normal, I carried that thing all the way back to the car. It was the biggest coon I ever saw. What a surprise when the scale said just a tad over 32#. I knew then that 30 pounders were rare in this area.

Awesome coon First Light. I have skinned a lot of coons over the years and thought I had treed a bunch of 30+ pounders. I shot out a huge one one night that the hounds treed and I thought it might weigh 40. Instead of skinning it in the woods like normal, I carried that thing all the way back to the car. It was the biggest coon I ever saw. What a surprise when the scale said just a tad over 32#. I knew then that 30 pounders were rare in this area.

Thank you. Yeah that is probably not going to happen again for a long time. lol

If ya do not mind Lawdawz who is that? There some pretty hard core trappers in the western part of Ny. My buddy does 100 K9'S every year. Good population out there.

Phil Brown caught 1,002 K9'S in 48 checks. 6th time he has done that!

PM incoming.