Cold weather gear

Ok, the cold weather disrespected my gear this winter. I have a $300 Cabelas card, what would you spend it on first? I was thinking a good pair of boots and the stand hunter base layer. What boots would you recommend?

I can't remember where I got them, and I haven't seen any since, but I bought what they called a snowmobile boot and it is the warmest boot I have ever had. They come half-way up to my knees, have canvass uppers and rubber lowers and have felt liners inside. They are not too bulky or heavy. Actually I would like to be able to find a new pair but can't. They are getting so old and I have worn them so much that the tread is wearing down. I don't know whether Cabelas carries that kind of boot or not, but it might be something to keep an eye out for. Probably wouldn't really go too far wrong with any boot that has a felt liner. That is really the "business end" of the boots that I'm talking about. Add a pair of wool socks (Choose the boot size accordingly) and you're good to go.

Doc, are these the boots you are talking about?

/www.rangerboots.com/Pages/Product.aspx?category=Rubber%20Insulated&cat=HLS-RANGER&pid=A229%20Forest%20Green

I have a pair of these and they are the warmest boots I have ever worn, but thety do not have much in foot support and they are a little heavy. But fro a long sit they are great.

Muck !! I have artic sports and never get too cold where it's unbearable. But, I also wear them year round, spring turkey...etc. I think they have a step higher / warmer too. Give em a try

This with a good pair of carhartt arctic extreme socks and sock liners will get you through the entire season.

I wore the muck woody elite all year for the last three years.  I finally learned that less pairs of socks with more room for air worked better.  My feet were never cold this season.