A new vaccine to stop CWD has been proven to work.

I honestly havent seen anyone say that CWD alone is going to wipe out herds. I have seen organizations convey concerns about it and show that it is a threat to wild cervids, and it is, is it not? I am being real here, its good progress, but the vaccine still looks to be far from proven, and then, you would have to figure out a way to vaccinate the millions of wild deer with it. The QDMA and as far as I know, the NRA have not invested anything into deer birth control. What are you talking about?

Its been said by many on the QDMA website and the fearless leader has said it in many of his speakings. I would bet more deer were hit on the Ny state thruway this fall than have ever died of CWD. I know of none that have ever been killed by CWD, always a bullet or bumper and then found positive. 

The 100's of thousands spoke of was meant for states like our own that are trying to slow down the deer population. States with heavy CWD are over populated and some states without heavy or no CWD are way down on numbers. Kinda backwards from what they said a disease was going to do to states once detected?  Just strange states and groups that make their living off of deer are not throwing cash to find a fix.    Well, Maybe they know nothing is broke so they are savin the cash????

Its been said by many on the QDMA website and the fearless leader has said it in many of his speakings. I would bet more deer were hit on the Ny state thruway this fall than have ever died of CWD. I know of none that have ever been killed by CWD, always a bullet or bumper and then found positive. 

The 100's of thousands spoke of was meant for states like our own that are trying to slow down the deer population. States with heavy CWD are over populated and some states without heavy or no CWD are way down on numbers. Kinda backwards from what they said a disease was going to do to states once detected?  Just strange states and groups that make their living off of deer are not throwing cash to find a fix.    Well, Maybe they know nothing is broke so they are savin the cash????

Please, back up your statements that anyone in the QDMA has said that CWD will wipe out all deer, or the majority of them. Not some members in the forums, someone that is an actual employee of the organization. Same with the NRA.

CWD is a legitimate concern, and its been proven to have been spread faster by the deer farming industry. Now the deer farming industry is dumping all kinds of money into the research to find a fix to the problem, as it should be. Why should the states pony up all the money to fix a problem that a private industry has created. And dont take that to mean I think created the disease, I mean they have accelerated the spread of it.

The birth control crap is just nonsense that gets drummed up by the antis. Wasted money and effort.

• Like 1

Please, back up your statements that anyone in the QDMA has said that CWD will wipe out all deer, or the majority of them. Not some members in the forums, someone that is an actual employee of the organization. Same with the NRA.

CWD is a legitimate concern, and its been proven to have been spread faster by the deer farming industry. Now the deer farming industry is dumping all kinds of money into the research to find a fix to the problem, as it should be. Why should the states pony up all the money to fix a problem that a private industry has created. And dont take that to mean I think created the disease, I mean they have accelerated the spread of it.

The birth control crap is just nonsense that gets drummed up by the antis. Wasted money and effort.

All one has to do is listen to Murphy speak. Have heard him say many times that once a state gets CWD it will sooner or later wipe out a herd. Thats far from true. There has never been a known case of a deer dead from CWD. Always a bullet or bumper first.

CWD is not a legitimate concern because it has done absolutely nothing to any herds, any where! A state get CWD and their population grows!  So lets me see...It does nothing to a herd...It does nothing to man...Just what pray tell does CWD do??????

The farming industries are paying big bucks to show solid proof that CWD is coming from the land and other reasons before it its high fence deer. When that day comes, guys like yourself, and a few groups will be eating your words and a few will even be called upon to do so in public. Like i said. 2015 will be an interesting year on the CWD front.

So please tell me what the state of illinois is doing to stop the spread of CWD from their wild deer from getting into high fence farms ad ranches?  470 cases of CWD in the wilds of that state and NEVER,EVER a case behind fence. Again your statement holds no water!

not to jump on any one side, and I may be totally wrong, but I believe that many of these diseases have been around forever, the only thing new is that they now test for them..........now everything has to die from a specific cause...believe it or not, some diseases are naturally occurring and will claim lives...both in animals and humans.

Edited by jjb4900

not to jump on any one side, and I may be totally wrong, but I believe that many of these diseases have been around forever, the only thing new is that they now test for them.

So True. And CWD is the only thing a few sorry groups or a few states DEC/DNR's have to use to try and slow down the huge growth of high fence hunting and deer farming. Anybody in the know or that wants to look at the truths and facts can see it plain as day.

CWD has never done any harm on any deer populations in the wild or behind fence. When a states population actually grows after CWD comes to town its kinda hard to use the killing of animals as an excuse. Hence the release of Elk out of Wind Cave because they populated to much to hold them inside the fence or now these states repopulating their states with Elk from untested herds.

The list is long!

All one has to do is listen to Murphy speak. Have heard him say many times that once a state gets CWD it will sooner or later wipe out a herd. Thats far from true. There has never been a known case of a deer dead from CWD. Always a bullet or bumper first.

CWD is not a legitimate concern because it has done absolutely nothing to any herds, any where! A state get CWD and their population grows!  So lets me see...It does nothing to a herd...It does nothing to man...Just what pray tell does CWD do??????

The farming industries are paying big bucks to show solid proof that CWD is coming from the land and other reasons before it its high fence deer. When that day comes, guys like yourself, and a few groups will be eating your words and a few will even be called upon to do so in public. Like i said. 2015 will be an interesting year on the CWD front.

So please tell me what the state of illinois is doing to stop the spread of CWD from their wild deer from getting into high fence farms ad ranches?  470 cases of CWD in the wilds of that state and NEVER,EVER a case behind fence. Again your statement holds no water!

Ive heard him speak and seen his writings in the magazine, articles, etc and have never ever heard him say that. If its easy to find, post up a link.

Im not going to sit here and have the same "CWD does nothing to deer" argument with you. I am also not going to argue that the deer farming industry hasnt accelerated the spread of it. Its all the same BS that you keep spouting in thread after thread after thread, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesnt make what you say true. One thing that is true, however, is that the vaccine you claim in the thread is "proven to work", still requires additional research and testing before its truly proven, or are you just trying to steer away from that?

Im done responding unless you can post up some proof of the QDMA or NRA making the statements you claim they have.

• Like 1

not to jump on any one side, and I may be totally wrong, but I believe that many of these diseases have been around forever, the only thing new is that they now test for them..........now everything has to die from a specific cause...believe it or not, some diseases are naturally occurring and will claim lives...both in animals and humans.

Yep, they have been testing for it for quite some time in areas and its just now popping up where it previously didnt. Every single time that it has been recently detected in new areas, its been associated with a deer farm. You do the math.

Yep, they have been testing for it for quite some time in areas and its just now popping up where it previously didnt. Every single time that it has been recently detected in new areas, its been associated with a deer farm. You do the math.

Its pretty easy to do the math....We test 100% of or deer. States test 500 to 2000 out of a million plus animals. Whats that like a half of one percent maybe. Regardless if it was in the ground,air,feed..who do you think will find it first? Not a real tough one there.

You like to spout of about deer farms spreading the crap but then when states like Virginia that have it yet allow no farming or states like illinios that has had over 450 cases in the wild but never a case in the 100's of deer farms in that state you have no answers.

Facts are that CWD has done absolutely nothing by way of harming any animals or humans and it has been shown that herds grow in population even when CWD comes to town.

You prove yourself to be in the QDMA mindset that you do or say nothing against CWD except where deer farms are concerned. You dont say stop CWD by every means possible like stopping all nonresident hunting in states that have CWD, Stop all hay and grain harvests/sales of those products from CWD positive states and the list goes on. Live deer movement is it and that proves just what the real deal is right there and thats what being brought to the table in 2015.  It will be interesting to see how the QDMA responds when they get their day to speak. Cant wait to see that day.  We shall see i guess!

As far as Illinois goes, look at a CWD map, its migrated into the state from Wisconson. Where did it come from there? In VA, its been in one particular location. Source could have been a deer shot in a CWD state and the carcass disposed of there. Hard to tell, but the number of deer tested around the state and all 7 of the positive ones coming from the same area points to a localized problem from a single point of origin.

I havent expressed my opinion on any of the other things, so your assumptions on those are just that. Live deer movement is the nail that sticks out the furthest.

Still waiting on those links/quotes.

As far as Illinois goes, look at a CWD map, its migrated into the state from Wisconson. Where did it come from there? In VA, its been in one particular location. Source could have been a deer shot in a CWD state and the carcass disposed of there. Hard to tell, but the number of deer tested around the state and all 7 of the positive ones coming from the same area points to a localized problem from a single point of origin.

I havent expressed my opinion on any of the other things, so your assumptions on those are just that. Live deer movement is the nail that sticks out the furthest.

Still waiting on those links/quotes.

Yeah whatever...Live deer movement sticks out the farthest on your agenda just like the rest. If you and the rest were really worried about CWD you would be shouting at all vectors to be stopped on the dime but no its only deer farms that get pointed at and most no why. It will all be a mute point here in the very near future because the truths on CWD will be shown.

As far as your two faced leaders go...You know, the ones that own high fence farms and hunting ranches but keep that on the down low...you can link yourself to about any talk they say on CWD and hear the agenda. Its pretty simple if one listens without their own agenda.

FSW, what I don't think you realize when talking about agendas, is that it is very clear to most that you have one. There are two sides that could possibly have an agenda, those that stand to profit off deer farms and those who stand to profit off deer farm failure. Your in of those groups.

It's very clear that you have a dog in this fight, hence why it's tough to see your statements as anything but one sided. When anyone gives a level headed, open minded statement that doesn't prove your point, you start making unfounded claims about conspiracies against the deer farms. It makes you sound like an extremist and discredits anything useful that you might post.

Take it as constructive criticism from a guy who is never going to profit off anything involving deer farms, but has interest in educating himself on the truth behind CWD.

Edited by Terry

FSW, what I don't think you realize when talking about agendas, is that it is very clear to most that you have one. There are two sides that could possibly have an agenda, those that stand to profit off deer farms and those who stand to profit off deer farm failure. Your in of those groups.

It's very clear that you have a dog in this fight, hence why it's tough to see your statements as anything but one sided. When anyone gives a level headed, open minded statement that doesn't prove your point, you start making unfounded claims about conspiracies against the deer farms. It makes you sound like an extremist and discredits anything useful that you might post.

Take it as constructive criticism from a guy who is never going to profit off anything involving deer farms, but has interest in educating himself on the truth behind CWD.

Good point Terry my friend..So lets look at some truths from the one side i know....  You tell me that its not one sided to shut states down from selling live deer because off CWD yet those same states allow live cervids( Elk) into those states because they say they have a live test that they can use? Then they say the borders have to be shut to farmers because there are no live test to test for CWD and they have to be dead to test? Is that one sided?

They say they want to stop CWD yet i can by possible CWD prion positive whole corn in Watertown Ny that was harvested and sold from a CWD positive state. Whats the thought there?

Bale after bale of Alfalfa hay, That has shown CWD positive prions, are sold by the tons to feed animals all across the country. Is this trying to stop CWD?

They release Elk out of the encloser at Wind Cave National Park that has a herd behind the fence that has a proven 40% positive CWD infection rate of those animals, to be hunted by hunters and to breed and mingle with the wild deer and elk in that state. Is this trying to stop CWD.

Ny and Michigan both had CWD come to their states by way of animals that belonged to taxidermists that had animals behind fence that were used for research for their business. These taxidermist worked on animal after animal that came from CWD positive states.

Do you see states stopping all out of state non resident hunting tags? Would this not go to stop the spread of CWD?

I could go on and on with so many things that states could do to help stop the spread of CWD but you hear nothing of them except stopping deer farms so please spare me the bullshit of being extremists or me not having anything credible to say when i show the one sided work against CWD by way of only the deer farmer.

You talk about profits, Well profits are just the big reason that CWD became a political disease. If you dont see how many states are spreading and taking chances of spreading CWD at their own hands then you are blind. You read any write up by groups like QDMA or this Ryan Sablaw guy and you will see one paragraph about CWD and then you will see 6 on how hunters are paying big money to shoot these big antlered deer. Read them. They are out there all over.  Our industry is the fastest growing agriculture industry in the country and millions of dollars are being made by many. You dont think states DEC/DNR's see this.  Think again. CWD has nothing to do with the disease,which is being shown by state after state by their own actions  But CWD is all about the money.

They use CWD against farms because farms do it right and they test 100% of their deaths and states test less than a half percent of their animals. There are a handful of states that have CWD yet never had a deer farm in those states. There are states that have CWD in the wild and never had it behind wire. But somehow it because of farms that all these states have CWD!

Must be right? Because they sure are not fighting CWD on any other front!  So agendas on our side as you say..We do not need agendas because deer farming and high fence hunting is growing in leaps and bounds even with CWD. We are paying for the truth!!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

I hate to get into this goofy discussion, but one question keeps rolling around in my head. One question that I haven't heard any answer to. I understand that deer farm owners have a definite stake in this issue, and it is a profit-motive driven stake. There certainly is plenty of reason to bend facts and slant whatever to try to justify their position. So it is reasonable to scrutinize any info coming from that side of the fence and view it all with a very suspicious eye.

What I have not yet heard is any logical explanation of is why the state or any of its agencies would maliciously go after a legal tax-paying industry by using bogus information and trumped up data and studies and false research. What are they supposedly getting out of lying? What's the motive? Is there a motive?

• Like 3

I hate to get into this goofy discussion, but one question keeps rolling around in my head. One question that I haven't heard any answer to. I understand that deer farm owners have a definite stake in this issue, and it is a profit-motive driven stake. There certainly is plenty of reason to bend facts and slant whatever to try to justify their position. So it is reasonable to scrutinize any info coming from that side of the fence and view it all with a very suspicious eye.

What I have not yet heard is any logical explanation of is why the state or any of its agencies would maliciously go after a legal tax-paying industry by using bogus information and trumped up data and studies and false research. What are they supposedly getting out of lying? What's the motive? Is there a motive?

CASH! Plain and simple.  They know what we make. They see our 80 breeding animals bring 3 million at our auctions.They see we have 6-8 auctions a year that bring in 2-5 million in sale every year that goes to the high fence industry. They see the average guy with a small 4 acre farm making an extra 50 plus grand a year as a hobby.  They see we have the fastest growing industry in the ag business. Believe it or not, I have had 8 calls so far this winter from folks wanting info on startup details and 3 of those folks are off these forums.

Doc, You are a smart man. If you can answer any off the Questions above please have at it.  Why are they trying to stop CWD only on the deer farm front? Its in the soil. They dont stop anything there, Its in Corn and Alfalfa, They dont stop sales, They say THEY have a LIVE test for them to repopulate their states with Elk but in the same breath say they have to close the borders to deer farmers moving elk and deer because there is no test good enough and they have to be Dead to test.

This is all being done at state levels. If you look at the USDA federal standards on deer farms and see what rules they made for farms you will see that Patty Klein( Who was hired to run this and she comes right off the animal activist leader board, Talk about a fox in the hen house) wrote in the standards that states cane make their own rules above and beyond the federal standards. USDA rules are no where near state rules and this was done to give power to the states to force out farms. Hence Ny closing their borders. Who closed Ny borders? Joe Martens, Who is he? DEC leader. What does deer farms and high fence take from him? Cash! Plain and simple.

I really would like to hear your thoughts on the above questions about why nothing is being done on any other CWD front?  We all know CWD has proven itself to do absolutely nothing to any herds anywhere in the country.

But i will say for the record for all to remember...You watch how fast CWD becomes a thing of the past if Canada signs these papers saying they will no longer buy hay or grains out of CWD positive states!!!  Cash! Plain and Simple!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Come on FSW- the market for purebred dairy cattle generates a heck of a lot more money than deer breeding stock ever does. No dairy farmer is out there trying to twist state regulations for dairy cattle diseases into some sort of conspiracy theory.

As far as the live infected deer vs. grain and hay from CWD+ states; you keep telling everyone else to use their brain, use yours. One infected deer actively shedding CWD in feces, urine, etc. has a lot more risk potential than feed coming out of CWD+ states. Not to mention the majority of that feed is not being ingested by cervids..

• Like 1

Come on FSW- the market for purebred dairy cattle generates a heck of a lot more money than deer breeding stock ever does. No dairy farmer is out there trying to twist state regulations for dairy cattle diseases into some sort of conspiracy theory.

As far as the live infected deer vs. grain and hay from CWD+ states; you keep telling everyone else to use their brain, use yours. One infected deer actively shedding CWD in feces, urine, etc. has a lot more risk potential than feed coming out of CWD+ states. Not to mention the majority of that feed is not being ingested by cervids..

Sam sometimes you shock me. You may want to do some research before you jump to deep. I have cattle, i know what cattle are worth and if you can show me a market like i can show you then we can talk. 

Do you know anything about the CWD prion at all? Do you think infected corn or alfalfa has to be ate by an animal before it becomes infectious? You dont think that infected corn brought all across the country, laying,rotting into the ground is not laying the prions in that ground to be picked up or spread at a letter date? Really?  You really do need to do some research my friend.

Do you know how it works on a deer farm when they check for CWD?  Let me fill you in.   They come to your farm, They rip the lower jaw back on the dead deer and cut out the brain stem, They put it in a solution and they leave.  Now when the farmer says...Uh what are you going to do with the body of this deer? They say..Thats your problem, do with it what you will,take it out to the back forty or wherever you like!!  So it takes 2 weeks plus before you get a report back from the state, lets say its positive for CWD.  Now that deer has been ate by every coyote,every crow any animal that eats meat and has rotted into that ground.  Where do you think CWD just got spread to?  Everywhere every one of those animals takes their next crap and all over the ground where it rotted.  Just like the feed did that gets sold out of every CWD positive state in the country!!

So lets now say for a second you are right. CWD is CWD no matter how you look at it. If its the big bad monster they say it was going to be why are they not stopping EVERY possible way it can be spread?  Is the CWD prion found in hay and grains not the same CWD prion found in whitetail deer? Why are they not shutting down every state that has had a positive to out of state hunters so there are no dead deer coming out of those states? Is that not the same CWD prion?  Sorry buddy but you have no answer except 1 and that is the all mighty dollar that would be lost to the states. 

If you have a better answer why only one vector is being looked at feel free to tell us all your thoughts!

FSW. Wouldn't the state benefit from you guys selling as much as you could at the highest prices you can get? Seems like they would make more money that way then shutting you down? No?

Not even close...If i sold 23 bucks to Joe high fence ranch up the road and he had 23 Ny state hunter come in and harvests those deer the state just lost about $2300 in tag sales. Most Ny ranches have 50 plus hunts a year and if you do the math by the number of high fence ranches in the state you will see how much just Ny loses a year. Now go to Pa where there are 500 plus ranches and do the math.

Sam sometimes you shock me. You may want to do some research before you jump to deep. I have cattle, i know what cattle are worth and if you can show me a market like i can show you then we can talk. 

Do you know anything about the CWD prion at all? Do you think infected corn or alfalfa has to be ate by an animal before it becomes infectious? You dont think that infected corn brought all across the country, laying,rotting into the ground is not laying the prions in that ground to be picked up or spread at a letter date? Really?  You really do need to do some research my friend.

Do you know how it works on a deer farm when they check for CWD?  Let me fill you in.   They come to your farm, They rip the lower jaw back on the dead deer and cut out the brain stem, They put it in a solution and they leave.  Now when the farmer says...Uh what are you going to do with the body of this deer? They say..Thats your problem, do with it what you will,take it out to the back forty or wherever you like!!  So it takes 2 weeks plus before you get a report back from the state, lets say its positive for CWD.  Now that deer has been ate by every coyote,every crow any animal that eats meat and has rotted into that ground.  Where do you think CWD just got spread to?  Everywhere every one of those animals takes their next crap and all over the ground where it rotted.  Just like the feed did that gets sold out of every CWD positive state in the country!!

So lets now say for a second you are right. CWD is CWD no matter how you look at it. If its the big bad monster they say it was going to be why are they not stopping EVERY possible way it can be spread?  Is the CWD prion found in hay and grains not the same CWD prion found in whitetail deer? Why are they not shutting down every state that has had a positive to out of state hunters so there are no dead deer coming out of those states? Is that not the same CWD prion?  Sorry buddy but you have no answer except 1 and that is the all mighty dollar that would be lost to the states. 

If you have a better answer why only one vector is being looked at feel free to tell us all your thoughts!

Here you go dude...

Destination Vegas Sale Results

by Randy Blodgett in The Sale Ring | December 15, 2014

The Destination Vegas Sale, managed by Butler Auctions, LLC, was held on Friday, December 12th at the Bellagio Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, NV.  A total of 37 lots sold for an average of $53,355. Check out some of the high sellers below!

Lot 4 – $290,000

Michigan Belg Polar 4957 - GTPI+2645 GLPI+3365 DGV+3540 – sold with 8 transfers by Powerball

Consigned by Ernest Kueffner, MD

Lot 8 – $230,000

T-Spruce Defender 7960-ET - GTPI+2632 GLPI+3446 DGV+3581 – sold with 4 Hotrod pregnancies due July & 12 implants by Powerball & Damaris

Lot 3- $190,000

Webb View Montross 7444 - GTPI+2633 +2113M +83F +66P $810NM, The Breeds #6 Milk, #7 Protein & #13 Fat Female 12/14

Consigned by Summit Farms, WI

Purchased by Alta Genetics Inc., WI

Lot 5 – $160,000

Triplecrown-MH Jacey 881-ET - GTPI+2632 NM$713

Consigned by Triple Crown Genetics & Mitchell Hockett, ID

Lot 6 – $150,000

Lexvold Montross Carilla-ET - GTPI+2649 GLPI+3328 DGV+3381 #4 GTPI Montross in the World

Consigned by Larry Lexvold, MN

Lot 1 – $115,000

Cache-Valley Lheros 2331 ET (up for Committee EX-95) - Nominated All-American & All-Canadian 4-Year-Old 2014

Consigned by Austin Yoder, Ruben Schaapman & Matthias Swartz, GA

Purchased by Ernest Kueffner & Norm Nabholz, MD & IA

- See more at: http://www.allbreedsblog.com/2014/12/15/destination-vegas-sale-results/#sthash.HwFdx5W8.dpuf

International Intrigue Averages $52,300 and Grosses Nearly $6.5 Million
July, 26 2014
The 2014 International Intrigue held at Milksource Genetics in Kaukauna, WI is in the books with a $52,300 average on 123 live lots, with a $6,435,800 gross.

This one was bred by me (SRP are my initials). Unfortunately I only got $2000 for her when I sold her as a heifer in 2011...

Lot 10-$142,000: MS-SRP Absolute Pro-Red-ET, a 4 Year Old Absolute scored VG 88 from an Advent

post-50-0-14598200-1420302353_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not even close...If i sold 23 bucks to Joe high fence ranch up the road and he had 23 Ny state hunter come in and harvests those deer the state just lost about $2300 in tag sales. Most Ny ranches have 50 plus hunts a year and if you do the math by the number of high fence ranches in the state you will see how much just Ny loses a year. Now go to Pa where there are 500 plus ranches and do the math.

but the income tax paid on the hunt is higher than the cost of the license. The math doesn't make sense to justify the actions you are claiming.
  • Like 1

but the income tax paid on the hunt is higher than the cost of the license. The math doesn't make sense to justify the actions you are claiming.

Come on Culv...Its a business.. Really 20 grand hunts as a write off.  You damn well know as i do that if there was any way at all for Ny state to make money on it they would be all over it.

So i would like to ask you your thoughts then on just why CWD is not fought on all fronts?  If its not money.  You think think they would shut down ag in every CWD state? Its a proven spreader of CWD.  You think they would shut down Non-resident hunting? Its a proven spreader of CWD. It very well is all about cash....Cant seem to get any answers on those questions.  And we know why!

Here you go dude...

Destination Vegas Sale Results

by Randy Blodgett in The Sale Ring | December 15, 2014

The Destination Vegas Sale, managed by Butler Auctions, LLC, was held on Friday, December 12th at the Bellagio Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, NV.  A total of 37 lots sold for an average of $53,355. Check out some of the high sellers below!

Lot 4 – $290,000

Michigan Belg Polar 4957 - GTPI+2645 GLPI+3365 DGV+3540 – sold with 8 transfers by Powerball

Lot 8 – $230,000

T-Spruce Defender 7960-ET - GTPI+2632 GLPI+3446 DGV+3581 – sold with 4 Hotrod pregnancies due July & 12 implants by Powerball & Damaris

Lot 3- $190,000

Webb View Montross 7444 - GTPI+2633 +2113M +83F +66P $810NM, The Breeds #6 Milk, #7 Protein & #13 Fat Female 12/14

Consigned by Summit Farms, WI

Purchased by Alta Genetics Inc., WI

Lot 5 – $160,000

Triplecrown-MH Jacey 881-ET - GTPI+2632 NM$713

Consigned by Triple Crown Genetics & Mitchell Hockett, ID

Lot 6 – $150,000

Lexvold Montross Carilla-ET - GTPI+2649 GLPI+3328 DGV+3381 #4 GTPI Montross in the World

Consigned by Larry Lexvold, MN

Lot 1 – $115,000

Cache-Valley Lheros 2331 ET (up for Committee EX-95) - Nominated All-American & All-Canadian 4-Year-Old 2014

Consigned by Austin Yoder, Ruben Schaapman & Matthias Swartz, GA

Purchased by Ernest Kueffner & Norm Nabholz, MD & IA

- See more at: http://www.allbreedsblog.com/2014/12/15/destination-vegas-sale-results/#sthash.HwFdx5W8.dpuf

Nice..I could go back a nit-pick auctions and show you a doe that sold for $250,000 means nothing...High fence is in about every state in the country and every state demands that kind of money. Dairy cattle, Not so much. 150in yearling will bring you 3 grand all day,every day in Ny.  Try that with beef or Dairy. 12 months old.

Regardless, I see you dont have any other explanation for the lack of interest on the other CWD home fronts!

Well if a ranch is writng all there hunts off then they probably should worry more about the IRS than the DEC. You report as income. The ranch will report as income. Those two Alone out weigh the cost of lost out of state licenses for those hunts.

Now I can see the govt not wanting to shut down commerce from infected states for $$$. But that still doesn't shore up the argument as to why the high fences is in the crosshairs. Money just doesn't hold water as an argument

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club