Do you prefer real or fake

Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)

• Real
    • Artificial
    • None
    • Other

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats ALOT of ornaments Eddie.  ???

That's the way ours looks ..... only even more-so.

So does it really matter whether it's real or fake? you can't see it! Like I said before, the tree could be welded water pipes with chicken wire over it and nobody would even know the difference ..... lol  ;D

LMAO! I could build you one of those if you want!  :)

No, a whole bunch of years ago, I invested in a genuine, official, bona-fide, fake tree. It works out pretty good. We only take the delicate ornaments off, and leave lights and everything else on it when we stuff it away in the basement. Christmas rolls around, carry the thing upstairs (weighs almost nothing), throw on the ornaments and .... POOF! ...... instant christmas tree.....lol.

Here is something I got sucked into one time. We bought a balled and burlaped blue spruce for a Christmas tree. It was about 5' tall and had a pretty heavy root-ball. It lived in a washtub in the livingroom. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Since the tree was still living, there were no dropped needles and no potential for a fire hazard. It was one of the most attractive Christmas trees we ever had. Everything was great until the time came for it to go. Did you ever try to dig a planting hole for a 5' tree in January? Well, a little pick-ax work finally got me down where the dirt wasn't frozen, but I've got to say that the planting job was a bit less than perfect...lol. Not to mention the fact that I had assistance bringing the tree in, but when it came time to go out I was on my own. That sucker was heavy and I had quite a ways to go with it. I never did that again, but today we have a 30' blue spruce in our yard that looks real nice and is a constant reminder of that Christmas. Of course my memories of the whole thing aren't quite as fond as my wife's  ;)

Doc